Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tillolson HR 178 a
I just picked up a nos HR 178 A can anyone tell me if they were all sold as alky carbs . only ones  i can find in old catalogs are listed as Hartman alky  carbs. it has the lower air filter cup  mounting  hole machined off  like it's for a rotary engine to clear the starter nut.  It has a ball check should I change this to a needle and seat. thanks for any help. Jim
sounds like pretty good chance alky carb ..I think a lot of folks ran grose jets mainly in alky carbs ..they work ok I guess ...but man there hard to seal and get accurate pop off,s Lol..
(10-08-2017, 07:43 PM)steve miller Wrote: sounds like pretty good chance alky carb ..I think a lot of folks ran  grose jets mainly in alky carbs ..they work ok I guess ...but man there hard to seal and get accurate pop off,s Lol..
  Steve  it's not a grose jet. the 178 had a ball check with only one ball from factory or were put in by hartman. Jim
Jim,
I am told it is one of the best alky Tillys to be had.
I think you should sell it to me cheap. Smile

terry
(10-08-2017, 08:12 PM)Terry Sullivan Wrote: Jim,
I am told it is one of the best alky Tillys to be had.
I think you should sell it to me cheap.  Smile

terry
Terry   I'am going to try it on my Mc 93 first. Jim
(10-08-2017, 08:33 PM)jim fair Wrote: I think it was engineered by Hartman Engineering and they knew what they were doing.
Jim ., any chance post a picture ..not sure I ever seen one ..
(10-09-2017, 06:53 PM)steve miller Wrote: Jim ., any chance post a picture ..not sure I ever seen one ..
Steve  It looks just like all the other big tillolson carbs 181, 184 etc.  Jim