Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
when ur big suprise turns into big flop ...Lol..
..jeees I was all excited for cuddybeck ..i was really gonna put a whoopin  on Bob L.  got an old kart off shelf (that I worked on 3 days straight drilling .,cotter pinning .,making control rods .mount engine bla bla bla ) then a fresh mc20 of bench slapped it on ..no good slower than my mc6 ..now im gonna get past even more times per lap ...it don't matter we still have a great time ..looking forward to riding ..
not even sure if ill bring my 91  std. bore.,   stock ports.,   reed box muffler ., skinny tires on go power wheels ..cuz sure aint keeping up with slider hubs .,one piece modern 7 in wide aluminum wheels .,with 6 in. wide duro rear tires .,prepped doped to the max  front tires .,full gauged ., piped .,twin alky carb .,open reed 92,s 93,3s  ..Lol..
Steve,
I find your post very interesting and I will be following others input with interest.
It appears to me that winning has become paramount above preservation and this has been bothering me for some time now.
TJ
..I hope I havnt offended anyone ..don't get me wrong there very nice karts ..and I don't even care about winning.. I just like to ride ..But ,. all my stuffs period correct and to me its way more fun trying to make them go as fast as I can ..

..Bob L and I have a great time we ride side by side bumper to bumper ..his kart faster he lets me go we pass each other its fun ..
I put kart together for bigger track thought might keep up better ..its only for fun .
(10-03-2017, 08:10 PM)steve miller Wrote: ..I hope I havnt offended anyone ..don't get me wrong there very nice karts ..and I don't even care about winning.. I just like to ride ..But ,.  all my stuffs period correct and to me its way more fun trying to make them go as fast as I can ..

..Bob L and I have a great time we ride side by side bumper to bumper ..his kart faster he lets me go we pass each other its fun ..
I put kart together for bigger track thought might keep up better ..its only for fun .

Hey Steve I know the feeling with my mc5,  but having fun. ps if I go to thompson kart track I expect a 1/2 lap head start lol
(10-03-2017, 08:10 PM)steve miller Wrote: ..I hope I havnt offended anyone ..don't get me wrong there very nice karts ..and I don't even care about winning.. I just like to ride ..But ,.  all my stuffs period correct and to me its way more fun trying to make them go as fast as I can ..

Steve, there are plenty of guys without the slider wheels and the double carbs.
You know me I'm period correct..... I Always find someone to chase somewhere in the pack and I'm sure you will too.
I usually run a couple of classes. this year, because I've been busy helping out with the "Series" I'm only running Historic.  My 61 Putt-Nik Demon with twin 580's.  I have been running the same kart with a single 580 in Historic for a few of years, and a plane Jane 580 to boot. Even though I was way underpowered I still had a good time, every time. Usually finished dead last, but who cares. This year I upgraded! Just get out to the track and have some fun.
hey steve  my son and i  run a thick ring Mc 10 at medford oregon  and have a lot of fun being  period correct  we get passed by a lot of faster  karts  but  to me we are winning  because its so much fun to run the kart just like  they ran them in my favorite magazine KARTING WORLD 1960-61 next i would like to build a Mc 5 to run
Steve,,,

hopefully some day these ""racers"" will figure out its ok to have fun.....Roger Penske is not watching them ....National Championships or any Championship is not needed in Vintage...

Gary
I get the feeling that when Miller is talking about racing, he is actually experiencing his own form of a Walter Mitty episode..... (more imagination than reality)
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Lol,, never herd of ol Walt ...but I did officially win both unofficial races under the lights at cuddybeck this fine evening..in 6.1 rear and historic class..
Steve, of course. The thing is, you're not the "do or die" kind of racer that some folks might think.

I expect you're a gentleman racer that I would enjoy swapping leads with on the track.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA