Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch ID
Can someone ID this clutch and tell me if it's suitable to race with?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

rev grip
and yes
tk
GEARBOX
Thank you!
The Rev Grip clutch is suitable for karting.

What is not clear from you picture is whether or not there is a bushing or a needle bearing in the drum.  You need one or the other.  As a 9 tooth drum, it would probably have a bushing.

Then, of course, you need to see if it fits the crank on your engine.

High rpm springs have been available from Bill McCornack.  A tool is needed for spring installation.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Brad, you can use the drum if it has a bushing, but that sprocket is pretty "hooked". I'd look for another as soon as you can find one. Nine tooth sprockets wear quickly. A ten tooth is more versatile, wears longer and has less chain friction. Is the clutch for a Mac or for a West Bend? Ted
(09-03-2017, 08:15 AM)ted johnson Wrote: Brad, you can use the drum if it has a bushing, but that sprocket is pretty "hooked". I'd look for another as soon as you can find one. Nine tooth sprockets wear quickly. A ten tooth is more versatile, wears longer and has less chain friction. Is the clutch for a Mac or for a West Bend? Ted

im pretty sure brad is running a bender
not sure a 9 tooth is avail for a bender

tk
GEARBOX
This clutch is off a bender and it does have a bushing. I noticed that it did have some hook to the teeth.i bought this motor a couple years back. I think it came off something other than a race kart. It had a third bearing support on it also. Motor doesn't look in bad shape. I am looking to buy a good running bender for my kart that I can through on it and go. I'll keep this one for later.
Good luck, Brad. I have a Bender drum right behind me, but the 9T sprocket is as hooked as yours is, so it won't help. Ted
May just go with a new one. Thanks for all the information!

Brad
Nobody does it better than Jim Donovan at max Torque. My Bender clutch has been going strong for six years. Ted