Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TBO Geezer report day 2
Day two dawned a bit dreary, windy & chilly.  Fortunately the rain stayed away and a very good crowd showed up.  Lots of laps were run and a number of engine problems were worked on with varying results.  Smiling Dave the Store man repeatedly "consulted" with a guy whose problem was probably a carb or an air leak.  It wasn't clear that any progress was made, but there was no lack of effort.

The hole in my wallet is pretty substantial, but I have a pretty big smile on my face.  I found 3 SAE Mac v-16 intake manifolds and bought them  (They are absolutely NOT for sale!!!).  Add in a couple of full circle Mac 6.1 cranks and some decent priced small items and you get a nice load of karting goodies.  There is even a free pint of Klotz special formula (that's what we called it back in the day) for everyone who registered to race or bought a pit pass.

Sunday's weather is forecast to be great.  My wallet and I are hoping that we don't have a repeat of last year when a new seller showed up with a really nice Big J Lancer dual sidewinder with twin BM 100's.  I went home with the kart and the seller went home with a big wad of money.  

The most interesting rumor at the TBO is that there will be four or five sidewinder c-opens campaigning next year.  The  King's son "Cub" was going to run Burton's championship kart this year but it didn't work out.  The championship lancer is supposed to be part of the thundering herd next year.  Let's hope it works out.

Smokey