Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Eddie " Old School Cool"
We all look at the Vintage items on ebay when trying to find items we happen to want or sometimes just for the
entertainment value of the oddball items that folks like to get rid of, but a few professional pickers from the 
smaller population centers are the best at finding the rare gems or true barn finds .

So out in Iowa there's Classic Eddie*.......!      * My bad.....Eddy

For $250 starting bid, Eddy has this funster listed " KART 1960s WITH ENGINE OLD SCHOOL COOL!

True Sears and Robuck farmster power, scrubby dubby brakes, patina galore......looks like a Percival model,
but on closer inspection I feel it's even rarer .....anyone care to speculate on it's true identity ?

Brian Sheridan might be really interested in this one ......based on his mention of selling his latest project for big bucks
.....what do you think ?

Wait.....clue one ,it's was in a barn in Iowa, clue two......never mind, it's probably a Cubcat  .....it's too far away from 
the west coast to be a Kurtis Kraft .....but for a moment.....well ?    Big Grin

And just maybe it could be your old school cool Cubby Cart, err' Cat .......or am I off base on the model ?

Well....I've been "old schooled "......as Waltz points out below..... by the Jimsters   Confused

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-30-2017, 03:10 AM)Randy Dacus Wrote: We all look at the Vintage items on ebay when trying to find items we happen to want or sometimes just for the
entertainment value of the oddball items that folks like to get rid of, but a few professional pickers from the 
smaller population centers are the best at finding the rare gems or true barn finds .

So out in Iowa there's Classic Eddie.......! 

For $250 starting bid, Eddie has this funster listed " KART 1960s WITH ENGINE OLD SCHOOL COOL!

True Sears and Robuck farmster power, scubby dubby brakes, patina galore......looks like a Percival model,
but on closer inspection I feel it's even rarer .....anyone care to speculate on it's true identity ?

Brian Sheridan might be really interested in this one ......based on his mention of selling his latest project for big bucks
.....what do you think ?

Wait.....clue one ,it's was in a barn in Iowa, clue two......never mind, it's probably a Cubcat  .....it's too far away from 
the west coast to be a Kurtis Kraft .....but for a moment.....well ?    Big Grin

And just maybe it could be your old school cool Cubby Cart, err' Cat .......or am I off base on the model ?
Well  It's 1959 or 1960 Trackmaster. was made in Kellogg Iowa . Jim
The bastard offspring of a three-way between a Kurtis, Percival and a Simplex.........?

Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
And the winner is........Track Master circa 1959-??? ......."Cool"......good eye Jim Fair !

Link to YouTube video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UISP8pSk0M0

1959 Track Master ad ....looks like this oldie was around for some time .

The Track Master in primer....the listing stated it had a tag as manufactured in 1967 ???

Listed for $700 .....

So not a Kurtis, not a Percival, but a Track Master made in Iowa .....so are these rare ?  

Classic Eddy seems to think they are Big Grin

Next......Old School Kool Kart ......1959 Norseman Silver Trophy Go Kart - $300 (Holdingford, MN) , original owner had it since  new in 1959 , Rich the new owner doesn't fit ......that's why they become wall art !

CL for sale .....local pick up .....oldie but goodie .....next....