Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAMDEN REPORT
70 entries, great weather 70's and sunny.   Excellent competition, no injuries, 4 juniors who put on a show.  Bennett brothers put on hell of a race between themselves all 3 heats in dual sidewinder.  Gary W. cooked an excellent fish dinner teamed up along with Jim (max torque) Donovan. Some evening activities were organized at a local watering hole.  OVKA club and the track owner Gary Gregg did a fine job preparing and running the facility.
Overall the comments I received were positive. More info to follow from Rolf Hill and several others who covered the event.
Thanks to all who came and participated .   Jeff & Sherri Brown
Camden was great..its always a good event,,,,being around some of the legends of the sport and the new guys,,,we all have the same amount of fun,,,,,

watching the Juniors was a blast..already learning that Vintage is not balls to wall racing....

special thanks to Jeff and Sherry and the OVKA crew,,,,and to Jim D and Strokerace for assisting with the fish fry...

hope everyone had a great time,,,sure to happen again in 18 ..God willing...

gw
gary, any time. you missed your calling. the food was excellent.
jeff, thank you for the great time. and in my opinion you are making karting great again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forgot to mention,,a big thank you to Rolf Hill for doing the Kart Show at Camden,,I was kinda busy with the fish fry....

gw
Great event and perfect weather. Had a blast Thursday night when I got to the track around 9:30 and have to thank the OVKA guys who invited me to join them and some fellow named Jack Daniels. Actually slept in my truck and was up and parked my trailer before anyone else woke. Hadn't done that since 1996.

Thanks Jeff and Sherri for all the work organizing and putting on the event. And to Gary and Chuck and Jim for the fantastic meal Friday. And a huge Thanks to all the competitors and crews who lent a hand with my stuff all weekend.

Hope to see all of you next year if not before.

Duke