Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me, PLEEEASE
Guys, I know I advertised for this in the want ad section, but I KNOW that one of the fellows has an extra 6.6/1 Dyna Drive engine gear/idler gear set they can part with so I can get the Photon on its wheels for the Nov. Tucson event. If you've got this item, please give me a yell. If you have other Dyna Drive items, give Paul Bennett a holler. Thanks! Smile  Ted Johnson
ted, i have these. unfortunately none in the size you want. the closest i have is a 5.21 which i will send you if it will help get your kart finished. i'd rather be taking it to TBO for you but i will call you from the track and repeat what i did last year with my phone. let me know. chuck

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Teddy,

We love it when you beg like that..........

Thanks again for helping out on the Fox kart.

It ended up being a team effort, and your part was indispensable.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Jim, you know that you're "Family"! Ted
do to the overwhelming interest (that means you jim) i am posting a list of the gear sets i have. 4.0, 4.65, 4.93, 5.21 and 7.48. i also have 3 double gears that are not matched to a drive gear. there sizes are 4.93, 8.0 and one that is not marked but i believe it is in the 5's.
Chuck,

Your PM was most cryptic and left me wondering just where you had listed the gears you had.

I first thought perhaps you had the gears on Ebay, since you do so much business there.

Then I thought to look here.

Finally I discovered your lengthy e-mail.

No sizes that I need unfortunately.

Thanks for listing, though, and for taking the time to do a thorough e-mail.

Ciao!
Ted, after hearing your plea, I dug out my dyna drive and one gear set that I have . Your in luck ,it is a 6.6-1
I have no immediate plans for the gear box, but would like to keep it complete. I am willing to trade for a different ratio. Let me know if you are still in need. Shawn.
Hi, Shawn. One of our members has most graciously volunteered a 6.6 for my kart, but I would seriously imagine that Ron Cubel may be able to use your set. I will ask him as soon as I see him. Thank you. Ted
Shawn,

See PM.
I want to thank Bob LeFevre very much. I returned from the P.O. this afternoon with a very nice 6.6/1 Dyna Drive gearset he most graciously sent to me. It will complete the gearbox perfectly. Now, all we have to do is get the clutch support parts done. There's a heck of a chunk of aluminum required for the housing, and a ton of chips to be machined from that chunk! Ted