Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F/S: 6" BENDIX BRAKE ASSEMBLY - SOLD
I wondered who got the Titan ? Saw it on CL and made an offer to the lady selling it .

It was a steal of a deal, although the Titan is an aluminum kart....it has the CT Alloy components that make it
special as a historical vintage machine.

Jimmy looked like it had a low in the frame Palmini tank......and intact vintage wheels, asking price $100 for the whole thing !

Glad it wasn't purchased to become a yardy !

Found this old post :
Ernie Fisher
 Post subject: Re: Titan Kart built by C T Alloy Products
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 am 
Steve,

Ah, the poor ill-fated Titan! I remember when the Titan "team" introduced the aluminum tube Titan Karts at the Rolling Stoneman Kart Track in Pittsburg, California. It wasn't too long until they were referred to as the "double row bath tub". They weren't long-lived, as they lacked a bit in the handling department, and quickly started to break apart. Chances of finding any survivors would be difficult to say the least, but one never knows! It took me five years to find a Hovey, and I was actively searching constantly. It would be cool to find a Titan intact, as there were very few produced. The Titans I remember were raced at Pittsburg, Livermore, and Petaluma. Maybe you could find one in a barn in one of those towns. Good luck finding one!!

Aluminum Titan Kart built by C T Alloy Products in Ca.

Messages In This Thread
RE: F/S: 6" BENDIX BRAKE ASSEMBLY - by Jim Waltz - 08-28-2017, 09:53 PM
RE: F/S: 6" BENDIX BRAKE ASSEMBLY - by Randy Dacus - 08-29-2017, 03:53 PM
RE: F/S: 6" BENDIX BRAKE ASSEMBLY - by Jim Waltz - 08-29-2017, 07:27 PM