Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WANTED PP AH-61 Parts or complete motor
Looking for a cylinder,piston & rings and a connecting rod for a Power Products AH-61 or a complete motor for a guy who showed up at Oreville today with a '61 Bug Scorpion with this motor on and after 4/5 laps the cylinder decided to leave the motor. Would like to find the parts to get this guy running before Orevilles vintage event in less then 3 weeks. Anybody got anything? PM me. THANKS! Carl
(08-27-2017, 06:02 PM)carl haydt Wrote: Looking for a cylinder,piston & rings and a connecting rod for a Power Products AH-61 or a complete motor for a guy who showed up at Oreville today with a '61 Bug Scorpion with this motor on and after 4/5 laps the cylinder decided to leave the motor. Would like to find the parts to get this guy running before Orevilles vintage event in less then 3 weeks. Anybody got anything? PM me. THANKS! Carl

carl,
i'm not sure but i think pp58 parts will interchange??
seems i remember the crank is bigger everything else the same.
Dave L.
Dave, Yes they are the same,Dan Dettman confirmed that and is looking to see if he has any parts to help this guy out.
 It's a really cool story as the guy showed up at Oreville today with a '61 Bug Scorpion/PP Ah-61 just to get some track time on it as it was his fathers kart that he ran AT Oreville back in the mid 60's! It was all un-restored AND had the orig dirt on it yet!  It's GREAT to see an un-restored kart.
 Team X on the other hand did not have a good day (equipment wise) but the always good news is that Barry was un-hurt-he's a tough cookie!  Smile

[Image: 014_zpsmsmji1i4.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)