Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wore my MCP out
Been having a little bit of problem with my MCP claiper. I kept having to bleed it and it kept getting air in it. Did a quick repair at the track with new seals (ok it took a while to do) and it worked for the day. Yesterday I took it apart and cleaned it up. It turns out right where the o rings run on the outer bore it is worn enough that the of rings don't seal any longer. You can feel and see the ridges. So if you have a similar problem it could be your issue. Everything can wear out including me. And no it had no leaks anywhere else. The White House is where you find those.
mine is doing the same thing
tk
GEARBOX
Something else to blame the Administration for.....bad seals in kart brake systems.....what ?

Big Grin

How to fix link : http://www.bmikarts.com/MCP-Billet-Hydra...p_594.html

$68 or $48 for lite model, seal kits = $18, but if it's worn out or too rough to hone, buy a new Master and get back to making laps !

It's stuff like this that vintage parts that are so old make you frustrated, now even the new stuff goes south, but you can get a replacement at reasonable cost .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Light-Weight-MCP...2829409462

Seems this web software wouldn't let me paste in this ebay link above ??? If you need one of these to solve the problem

Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

i just had to reseal the margay master cylinder.
didn't check the bore are they rarely go bad in the enginetics.
now i wish i had.
glad you posted i'll pack spare brakes just in case the seal isn't all that was wrong.
Dave L.
my problem is with the caliper. I'm sure when you apply the brakes it slams the piston into the side of the bore causing the wear. We are also using the huge 8.2" rotor so that would apply even more force with the dual engines.