Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted fuel tank see pics
I have seat back tanks, but found an under the steering tank on ebay, but for some reason my bid would not
go through, must have been under the reserve price or ???

So thought I would see if there were any for sale here ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Randy,
Greg could help you out if you want a new one.

Here is his new website. It's not up and running but it has his contact information.

Brad
Wink 
Thanks Brad, I've bought items from Greg = sprint-14  on ebay  .
Didn't see your link for new Gregs Speed Shop ?

I made an offer on the Azusa tank I posted, but I guess the seller wants to get a bit more, so I have not seen a
counter offer as yet .

I was hoping to get an original tank not a repop, it's all about waiting for something to turn up.....that's Vintage Restoration......

Note sprint-14 = greg on ebay, Greg's Speed Shop is not him on ebay

Link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Kart-gas...DwR-O8GdJA

The old website no longer exists and apparently the name is for sale, so hard to tell if Greg is still selling kart fuel tanks
at this time .

Sorry Randy!

I spoke to Greg about a week ago and he is still doing tanks.

https://www.gregspeedshop.com/
Palmini Fuel Tank- Satin Finish

Price
$249.00

Our new "Palmini" fuel tanks are spun with .090 aluminum on the original spinning dies and are the ONLY exact copy on the market today! Filler neck and cap are sand cast (as per original) with the PALMINI ENG. CO. name cast into the cap. Tanks are all TIG welded and available in 5-1/2" deep or 7" deep, floor mount or seat-back mount. Finish is spun satin.

Thanks Brad for the new link !  Still a website in progress, but a way to see what Greg has even if the images are very low rez in quality !

Attached Files
.jpg   Palmini floor tank Gregs Speed Shop $ 249.00.jpg (Size: 7.58 KB / Downloads: 85)
Well Vintage parts buying has it's moments, was following the Azusa tank on ebay, since there was a reserve I
asked the seller how much it was going to take ?  
As mentioned I had bid on the last auction, but my bid did not go through, so the seller gave me a price, then a higher
price, so based on that I made an offer.

No reply, relisted.....so I have watched and waited, today gone......error in the listing....which means $$$ !

ebay even sent me a 15% ebays bucks bonus on parts if bid on ......oh well !

Maybe it's time to find something else for fun to do in my retirement ......Vintage Karting is not too expensive, but
it's frustrating to find original parts made back in time to finish up an oldie the way I like .

My day job before throwing in the towel, was commercial photography  and owning a small commercial photo finishing
lab, having a small machine shop to fix the machines.....I decided to make custom camera parts and special optics for some extra cash .

But the economy faltered, so I decide to retire.......maybe I should take up photography as a hobby.......I didn't sell off
all my equipment, even though much of it...... like my karts are obsolete by todays standards......something to think about........I don't need any more frustration .......!

Those are not my snaps below, just teasers....although back in time my buddy Dave Wallace the editor of Hot Rod Deluxe has asked me to send him my racing images ......maybe it's about time ??? That Shoebox looks mighty "sweet"
Big Grin

The kart shots of Tom Smith are mine below......just so I'm not as confused as the lil guy in the first image ......