Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transponder question
ok so basically i've never bothered owning my own transponders.
i decided to get one and ended up with two.
they both charge but i have no idea what happens next.
so some questions.
are these things supposed to be registered somewhere?
if so how does that work is there a fee or something.

or do they just throw a unique signal and i'm good to go as is?
Dave L.
Jeff Sessions is now aware of your location, and speed you travel, at all times.
Big Grin
Dave L.
they have for many years,,

gw
heck anyone with a cell phone newerthan the old flip phones can be tracked .
they all have location beacons in them.
wouldn't surprise me to hear new transportation products are the same.
luckily the government now has too much information so they just store it.
good luck finding it again.

NOW if you don't mind maybe somebody has a serious answer to my question??

Cool
Dave L.
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/docume...=TECH00123
But but but......is it era correct ?   Vintage Karting isn't supposed to be serious Dave or is it ?

I guess no sense putting a number on the ole' karts anymore, beam me up Scotty Big Grin

MyLaps X2 Transponders for Karts
The AMB/MyLaps X2 Transponder (yellow stripe) fulfills the requirements of IKF, WKA, and many local kart racing tracks.

The yellow-stripe X2 replaces the old yellow TranX 160 transponder. The X2 is compatible with all existing AMB timing systems as well as the latest X2 multi-loop systems with driver feedback

Better check out Carl's link ......so many details !!!   $$$
first,
i read what carl posted and that answered my question thanx farmer brown!!!

second
i don't really like transponders on vintage karts.
numbers are the classic but numbers require talented track people capable of accurately recording the results.
people = money expense and it seems a whole lotta tracks are using transponders instead which give accurate results without a lotta expenses.of course i also have noticed that many traCKS NOW RENT THE TRANSPONDERS TO DRIVERS FOR A LITTLE EXTRA.
apparently they don't think saving the costs of paying four to six track gals recording results was enough. Rolleyes

i enduro racing you have to have one and i'm gearing up to roll either the margay or bug next year .
i always like long track enduros and now with me not promoting i'll have time again.
so i needed at least one for that.

with that in mind i came across one complete in box at a swap meet and convinced the owner that they were obsolete and maybe being phased out.
i had seen the new subscription style transponders so i was sorta honest.
i was hopeful i was wrong about them being phased out and it seems i was which is good.
the other one i got when i specifically bought a kart for the transponder and and a few loose parts.
i resold the kart at cost plus maybe 20 bux.

so now i have two even though i'm pretty clueless about them.
they both hold charge so i might as well use them at the tracks requiring them for place scoring or what ever.

also
if anyone has one with a dead battery there is a service now that will cut the old battery out install a new one and reseal the unit.
https://www.racingtransponderfix.com/

heres an article i found about his service.
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/mc-tes...ry-service

here's a do it yourself video if you are cash poor.

Save
Dave L.