Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quincy
(08-21-2017, 06:21 PM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote: Quincy sure must a been quiet.. no one has said anything about the track, the event, the number of karts , the kart show?????

gw

I don't know exact amounts of karts, probably around 50.  A few new guys.  4 Juniors, 2 of which did not race.  The kart show was kind of sparse, but had really nice karts.  Steve won best rear modified with the dual.  Paul Booth always pulls out a very nice looking kart.  Very clean racing.  We and Jerry and Scott Nagel put on a good hard fought show in the dual rears, lots of fun in those races.

The track is still improving.  Gone are a number of the rumble strip high curbs.  The Monza and Turn 1 are the fastest I have ever seen them.  Portions of the track have been widened.  And the Miles crew is going to do more improvements coming up.  

I think its the best, I've seen the track since we started going there.  Jeff does a pretty good job of telling about things in the above video.  Tons of awards and recognition for 1st thru 3rd in the classes.  Oh and a free 2 gallons of alky for anyone running two classes, which mine disappeared in short order in the dual rear.  And Jeff I think will listen to us about getting rid of the night race that so many of us have problems seeing in.
Steve,, thanks for the update,,,,

gw
Had a great time, lots of karts, good weather, no kart problems and i got third in my class.
Track and staff were great,