Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac R300
Hey folks, I am new here. I have no other resources than this forum and "rearenginkarts" to post this and I figure it should go to someone that would restore and appreciate instead of some flipper. I have read all the forum rules and this post is gunna break a few.

Here are the details:

McColluch R300 cart, complete minus engine/s. It needs restored or used as is. seat is there but pulling apart, tank is there and not rusted up (Missing gas cap). has pedals, brakes etc. a few wheel halves are chipped. It had a modern 4-stroke engine mounted on it using a beautifully machined engine plate, and entire cart has been painted orange, then black in it's past life. 
I've had it taking up space for years with the intention of stripping/painting and minor restore while looking for an engine but I have far too many other things that need done plus my son is now 21 and has no desire to race it locally (Waterford hills) now that he has a '72 Duster.

Not really sure what a complete rolling R300 needing restored is worth these days.  I'd like to get ~$900 for it based on what I have seen a few sell for over the years + other same era karts. but if that's totally out in left field, I understand. It is currently headed for the garage wall as art.

I am 20 miles S. of Flint, Mi and though shipping is "required" in the forum, I would prefer it to be picked up. The only way I could see it being shipped is on a pallet or Greyhound & I would be willing to do either, though never have.  I'd also be willing to meet/deliver within 2 hours from here, for an extra cost. 

Thanks, hope this is all OK.  I have more pics if wanted. trying to not load up the server

Todd     
welcome to the forum. 
your asking price seems about right can't really say without better pix.
add as many as you like we have monstrous server capacity for pix .

the shipping being required is a must but it is the BUYERS responsibility to arrange shipping and pay for it.
you might consider the cost of shipping when you think about price.
even though you don't get the money shipping will add at least a couple of hundred dollars to sale price for buyer.
that will directly effect your potential sale as with shipping you'd be topping 1100 bux which is pricey.

but pix are key most people need alot more then you have. 
side views front and back views a shot of the underside are al helpful.
good luck with your sale.
Cool
Dave L.