Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early 70's Hartman roller SoCal CL
Listed as 71 or 72 on the ad .....

original listing taken down, see below for latest 8/20 relisting . "Updated"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

See latest listing below :  Huh

As Paul said.....didn't last long, gone and it was up only an hour when I noticed it relisted !
This posting has been deleted by its author.
Seller keeps taking the listing down, then relisting.....I'm guessing he received a lot of lowball offers because the price went up to $1500 from $1200 .

I figure if someone really wants an old Hartman and was serious the seller might take the offer.....one more time>>>>

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/mc...11784.html
I could be wrong but I think that that style of side nerfs were not used until '76.  Reference Rod's website http://www.vdm46.com/hartman-kart-id.html.  I also have never seen one with only a single 1" tube behind the seat attached to the main frame rails.  The castings for the rear bumper and axle bearings have the sockets for the tube or tubes in the case of the later ones but no tube.  If I had to guess I would say it is no older than '75.
Definitely not a 1975. I have a 75 Hartman. Completely different frame design for 1975. In 1976 Hartman transitioned to the new design with all the BS parts and castings. From what I have learned through the years and the Hartman Sprint karts I owned and currently have as well as talking with other Hartman folks, John made many versions of the 1976- chassis depending on the type of use, driver size, tires etc. I currently own a 1975, 1976 basically new, (2)1977's,1978 and one later version where John made an adjustable rear end to try and facilitate the newer tires. The kart for sale would be hard to differentiate the model and year without looking at it for welds, rewelds, serial number etc. it is definitely not a 1975 sold for public consumption. He may have been testing the new kart design then but I do not believe any were sold. If you look at his ads during that time it hopefully will validate this. I have tried to locate a foreign model 1975 version I have pictureds the kart of but I have never seen the kart in person. John also made a 1973-74 kart but they are really rare.
I checked to see if it was still available on the link above, todays update has the price :
HARTMAN Vintage gokart - $1300

Also the 71-72 year of manufacture was deleted....thanks for posting information in case someone wants to give this Hartman a new life !
Did anyone on this site buy this Hartman, or does anyone know what serial number it is or what happened to it?  I found one that looks very much like it and I've been trying to determine if it's original or has been modified.  Any help is much appreciated!