Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
avon n.y. 2017 ..biggest ever ..you missed out if not there
special thank you to scott and crew ..

100 plus karts on the grounds

more than 50 karts in show ..

I ran a ton of laps ..with lora bob and lumpy ...sidewinder finally got to set out for a year from extreme abuse ..sorry we didnt get to ride together john ..

always always great to see everyone ..first time attended or 8th ...

see ya all and more in 2018 ..

thank you scott I had a great time ..
Steve we had a ball too. Thanks to Scott, Sam and all of their helpers. Super show. Great weekend. You could fill two pages on this forum with stories of all that went on in 3 days. way too much fun.
Man , sounds like you guys had a great time and a huge turnout.
I wasn t able to make it this year , the weather played havoc and had me pinned in at every turn. Hope to be at Fremont though.
...chris we surely missed you ..but we got to talk about you.. (well not so much about you... but about how nice all your karts are ) ...lol..
see you at Fremont ...
Hell Yea , its all about the karts ! ha ha ha
Avon was FANTASTIC..just getting there was an adventure for me...I'll say no more ,..those that were there, know..LOL

as Steve said over 100 karts,,I think the finally tally was 115 karts..with 59 in the show, Big Al P, Richie Engel and myself judged the show...( and the mystery guy that counted the Peoples Choice ballots, I did not get his name ..but thank you,,)man I mean some absolutely knock down georgeous karts..very difficult judging..

couple of incidents took place,,,no injuries,,but some damaged equipment,,,you guys that are still trying to win that National Championship...you just gotta give it up,,,go modern karting...or race bicycles...

yeah, I know ,we don't race ,,but...3rd heat Yammie class...Kent had an issue on the grid, throttle related....unlike most...the first thing he thought of ,,,,was to get out of the way so the field could leave the staring grid together,,,,Terry Ives and I was standing there and saw the problem,,,,twisted throttle rod, yeah,BIZARR)..so any how, he gets out late,, just barely catches the field , starter throws the green and he starts dead last, app 12-14 karts.....the man was possessed, drives thru the field, with safety in mind, never touched anyone and ended up 2nd or 3rd....but ,,what I am saying is, we need more guys like Kent Windham ..world class guy , with world class talent...thank you for the show...

and yes, there was more ""racing"", the guys in the Historic Class( Putt-Nic Dude and his guys) had just as big a smile on their faces as any one....just goes to show,,you don't need 20-30 40 HP to have a ball on Vintage Karts

see ya all at Adkins next weekend..
Yes, a big thanks to Scott, Sam and the crew up there. We had a great time. Me and Dave had quite the grudge race going on when his kart would run. Hope to see everyone there next year.
(07-30-2017, 05:10 AM)john phippen Wrote: Steve we had a ball too. Thanks to Scott, Sam and all of their helpers. Super show. Great weekend. You could fill two pages on this forum with stories of all that went on in 3 days. way too much fun.

..john ..sometime when you and daughter are chattin ask if she rather just ride her own laps or if she likes running with  me that hard ..
we were soooo close to each other it was awesome fun for me but if she just rather ride ill chase someone else ...Lol..
..hope see ya all Saturday ..I got my truck goin again ..
a huge thank you to Scott K. and Sam P.

they sacrifice alot of time planning the event sending emails settling any questions before we show up and generally preparing one of the best Vintage Karting Events in the Country.
they also give up their entire weekend to run the event we all enjoy.

as usual they ran a tight ship.
there was a record crowd this year .
guys from all over and some were even famous!!!

the kart show had some of the best restored and/or modified karts i've ever seen.
TBO is the only kart show event i've been to that beats them on this side of the rockies.
i can't comment on cali kart show events as i haven't been to any but i'm gonna try for 2018.

thursday i came late (4pm) but there was already quite a crowd even though thursday isn't officially listed.
friday was awesome lots of track time for everyone , the food was great as always but the kart show took fooooorrrreeeevvvveeerrrrr.
way too many karts Big Grin  and the worst part was they were all great . Wink
so the judges had a job i wouldn't have wanted!!!

saturday went over to demonstration grids and the East Coast Series which Scott and Sammy ran with great skill.

in my mind Scott is running an event that should be on everyones calendar.
Cool
Dave L.
Great event and so much fun, must have done 75 laps between my 3 karts. Met a couple newcomers Sal and Curt I think who appear to be hooked like most of us. Thanks to Scott and Sam and all who helped for a great karting experience.