Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Rock Island Grand Prix
Sept.1,2,3. Same classes as last year:

Sportsman:Rear engine and straight front axle sidewinder karts with single engine up to 135cc.

Mac: Any vintage kart 1979 or older with a single American fan cooled engine up to 100cc.

Open class: Any single or dual vintage kart and engine(s) up to 270cc.

Entry is $75. After Aug. 18 it goes up to $100. Go on the RIGP website and print out mail in form or you can register online.

Go to page 2 here to see last years comments.
entry has already been sent in,,,Sportsman class...reservations made at the La Quinta,,,,

for any one that hasn't' tried this,,you just cannot have more fun with your clothes on,,,

gw
" you just cannot have more fun with your clothes on " !

I guess that's  a matter of opinion..... !    But GW are you saying the skinny dipping is better at the La Quinta ?

Or maybe something else ...hee !     Whda' sport ......

Didn't they make a movie about this ? "Rush"  James Hunt and Nikki Lauda ....racing Formula One back in the day ....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

We'll be there. Can't wait. One of our favorite events. And just so people don't get confused, we are there for the fun of it. We don't race at all cost -alls to the wall. We put on a show for the crowd and let the results fall as they may. A very fast course so caution is important. On Sunday you probably haven't raced in front of so many people so put on a great clean fun show.
Steve...you gonna run the duals,,I may take my B stocker???? just thinking???

"" and I'd like to thank my ex for signing__________________________________"" I guess you had to be there...

gw
HI ALL
Just signed up for the Grand Prix. i have a 1980 margay expert, west bend 820
I entered the . Vintage - Mac
All 80cc to 100 cc American fan cooled engines. Single engine only. Sidewinder/rear engines OK. Age 18+
was this the correct class, ???
thank you
Randy D.
(07-26-2017, 08:31 AM)RANDY DUNCALF Wrote: HI ALL
All 80cc to 100 cc American fan cooled engines. Single engine only. Sidewinder/rear engines OK. Age 18+
thank you
Randy D.

Randy,Up to 100cc, your 820 is 135.
(07-26-2017, 08:48 AM)Tom Day Wrote:
thank you
Randy D.

TOM.
Yes it is 135 but the vintage open is 100 to 135 foreign engine and the vintage sportsman is vka straight axle and over 60.. i have been to races that allow 820's in the 100 cc class
(07-26-2017, 09:21 AM)RANDY DUNCALF Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 08:48 AM)Tom Day Wrote:
thank you
Randy D.

according to RIGP rules...101s and 820 can run in sportsman class , ..on a rear or straight axle S/W....but since we don't race ..my guess would be go for it...just don't like the modern tire in with vintage tire,cornering speeds are so different...

gw

Vintage Karts
Rules: This is a gentlemen’s race. There will be no weighing and no tech.
Classes: Three classes have been specified for Vintage karts.
1) A Class: Straight front axle karts, any rear engine kart, Single engine only, MC101 or
WB 820 OK.
2) Mac Class: All fan cooled Mc's, WB,PP, etc.; 80cc to 100cc; Single engine only.
3) Open Class; All foreign engines 100cc 135cc; All dual engine karts.
Weight: NA
Fuel: NA
Tires: Open tire brands and compounds. Class will run Heat Races, LCQs if needed, and Finals on
the same set of tires. All tires must be the same compound. You may NOT change compound after
Heat Races or you will be DQ’d. Tire mold number and/or mold letter designation is a non-tech
item. Tires are NOT part of the registration fee and will NOT be available at the track. In the event
that a tire becomes unsafe outside of normal race wear, it MAY be replaced WITH PRIOR
APPROVAL and supervision of the head tech official/scrutineer. Use of tire warmers is NOT
allowed. Absolutely no modifications or tire treatment is allowed. Any competitor disqualified for
the use of prep will be immediately disqualified from that class and all remaining classes for that
weekend. All results and subsequent penalties are final. There will be no option of having tires
tested at a lab.