Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My recent Blitz kart purchased
For those that want something really different....here's some Matco aero wheel covers ....just screw them on to your
ugly wheels Big Grin

And for the record as Ted mentioned......trying to figure out how and which Matco rim halves you need is going to take some time and phone calls......maybe Ted can elaborate on the subject ?

Attached Files
.jpg   Matco wheel cover.jpg (Size: 2.82 KB / Downloads: 94)
BTW, for them's that might be interested, I have a complete set of 4"/5" Go Power wheels with fresh tires that I bought for a purpose that no longer exists.

These are nice, but not "show" quality.  The guy that I bought them from appears to have had the wheels bead blasted and then painted, and new tires installed.

Tires are Cheng Shin, 4.10/3.50-4 and 4.10/3.50-5.

See photos.  $525 (less than what I paid for them) including shipping to lower 48.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
http://www.matcomfg.com/NOSEWHEELASSEMBLIES-tp2-6.html
will at least get you into the Matco site in the right area. You still must be careful to pick the right size, width and bearing diameter/type you need. Their prices are decent, and their sales associates helpful. Just don't expect them to be able to tell you which wheel to buy for karts!
BTW, nice looking set of wheels, Jim! Ted
(08-04-2017, 12:27 PM)ted johnson Wrote: http://www.matcomfg.com/NOSEWHEELASSEMBLIES-tp2-6.html
will at least get you into the Matco site in the right area. You still must be careful to pick the right size, width and bearing diameter/type you need. Their prices are decent, and their sales associates helpful. Just don't expect them to be able to tell you which wheel to buy for karts!
BTW, nice looking set of wheels, Jim! Ted

The wheels do make a nice appearance, though they are not "show" quality.  There's some pitting on some surfaces below the paint, and some minor hammer marks, which you can see in the photos.  A good set for a runner, I believe, ready to bolt on and drive.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
(08-03-2017, 07:49 PM)Randy Dacus Wrote: For those that want something really different....here's some Matco aero wheel covers ....just screw them on to your
ugly wheels Big Grin

And for the record as Ted mentioned......trying to figure out how and which Matco rim halves you need is going to take some time and phone calls......maybe Ted can elaborate on the subject ?

Thanks for your input Randy so how do the matco wheels compare to the ASW  ones better as good ???
Rich,
Rich.....I never could figure out which half rims to buy from Matco, so purchased two 5" front ASW wheels from  Waltz
some time back, all the other Go Powers I own are vintage originals . Some I acquired on karts purchased and others from
Forum members .

The prices are going up for the originals still in decent shape,  I don't believe Scott is selling anymore repops either,

rears seem to be the hardest to find .

Good luck,  even buying Azusa modern aluminum rims are not cheap anymore......they make good runner wheels because they are not Mags that have degraded from corrosion  .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-04-2017, 11:55 AM)Jim Waltz Wrote: BTW, for them's that might be interested, I have a complete set of 4"/5" Go Power wheels with fresh tires that I bought for a purpose that no longer exists.

These are nice, but not "show" quality.  The guy that I bought them from appears to have had the wheels bead blasted and then painted, and new tires installed.

See photos.  $525 (less than what I paid for them) including shipping to lower 48.
The Matcos and Scott's ASW wheels are basically the same, aside from the MATCO logo on the bead. TJ
(08-04-2017, 11:55 AM)Jim Waltz Wrote: BTW, for them's that might be interested, I have a complete set of 4"/5" Go Power wheels with fresh tires that I bought for a purpose that no longer exists.

the wheels look nice Jim its a way i could go  i  want  to send what i have to Tom Kelly before i make any
decisions or just sell what i have and buy yours don't know yet but thanks

Rich.
(08-04-2017, 11:19 PM)Randy Dacus Wrote: Rich.....I never could figure out which half rims to buy from Matco, so purchased two 5" front ASW wheels from  Waltz
some time back, all the other Go Powers I own are vintage originals . Some I acquired on karts purchased and others from
Forum members .

The prices are going up for the originals still in decent shape,  I don't believe Scott is selling anymore repops either,

rears seem to be the hardest to find .

Good luck,  even buying Azusa modern aluminum rims are not cheap anymore......they make good runner wheels because they are not Mags that have degraded from corrosion  .

i think if i send these to Tomas Kelly my rims look just like the photo you show of the one
with the powdery oxidation on the with 3 rims with parts of the rim broken off i will post some
pics of them i bought this Blitz a frame, wheels steering and brake for $100 i just finished cutting the
pan off it and off to the sheet metal shop
Rich,