Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My recent Blitz kart purchased
Teddy,

Take pictures......, please.

I have a personal interest in this project.

What was "the mess under the front frame rails"?

The kart looked very un-molested in the photos I saw.  Sounds like there was more than meets the eye.

Ciao!
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Under the rails, no biggie. Besides the old pan welds, all the rivet holes that Ben will need to TIG closed. Not a big thing. Ben's awfully good with the torch. I have my doubts that the kart will be back over here. All the major cutting/smoothing has been done. Maybe you can email Ron and get him to take some pix. I don't know when I will get back over to his place. I'm fighting the Doc thing again. Back to the problem with my neutrophil count being low. I will spend next week trying to get the funds I need for the Nupogen injection(s) I need to combat this. No clue as to how much the insurance will cover. Darn stuff costs several hundreds per shot. Someone is getting rich! Ted
Teddy,

Got it.  I was concerned that there was a real mess or something - not that Ron overpaid for the kart or anything.

Everything I sold was priced to liquidate the kart so I would not have to deal with it here.

I have the parts I wanted (well, will have at Santa Maria) at a fair price for me.

The only thing I will need to peddle is the tank.  Someone might get a nice deal at Santa Maria......

Be well........
Teddy,
Ah, the dreaded Nupogen injections... I remember my cousin saying how much he despised them.

However... that was about 20 or 25 years ago, and whatever cancer he had back then has been in remission ever since.  In fact, he lives out your way (Phoenix), turning wrenches for Southwest Airlines.

So, I'd say keep that pedal to the metal!

Doug
Doug, I've had the stuff before, and it didn't bother me as much as it does some folks. It's the money, not the meds! I fear we hijacked Mike's Blitz thread. Mike's a gent; I imagine he'll forgive. Ted
Forgiveness for our extreme rudeness seems ever so unlikely, especially given the sources of the rudeness.......

Hi Guys
    i just acquired a Blitz a friend found at a yard sale  i just removed the rear axle brake and
   wheels  so its not in the pics but came with the kart, my question is the rims on 2 of the wheels have some of the edge
  broken off some g0ld color is left on one of them  are they aluminum? and can they be repaired like they do with
  the car rims  or not worth it just find good ones  the pan is a mass i plan to have a shop make up a new one and
 i do TIG  fixing up the rest of this isn't a problem  as a kid living on long island with not much money i always loved
 these i remember drooling over another kids brand new red Blitz that his Dad bought him  i remember him says it
 was a Blitz demon  don't know how that the demon differs from any other model they made will post photo's of the
project
Richard, not sure if that frame has enough holes in it.  You may need to drill a few more.  Yikes!
(08-01-2017, 08:53 AM)Jim Waltz Wrote: Richard, not sure if that frame has enough holes in it.  You may need to drill a few more.  Yikes!
 Jim
   yes i know but the price was right i think if i tig them carefully  closed it will be alright its solid with
   all of the original welds no sign of cracks and and a solid straight frame just a nasty sheet metal that's
   the case with mast of the ones i see
Richard Stamile
Oceanside NY.
Richard, you need to show pix of the wheels. Blitz came with at least three brands of wheels in the life of the company. If they're Hands, they'll be aluminum. If they're Dico, most of them are stamped steel, but some are stamped aluminum. If they're Go Powers, they'll be magnesium. You know what a bear it is welding mag, but the aluminum Hands wheels are easily repaired. The later Shoemaker Outlaw karts, which were basically Blitz, came with Precision wheels, which, I believe were mag as well. TJ