Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My recent Blitz kart purchased
Got a response from two on Facebook:

Randy,

Terry's kart is really in much netter condition than this Blitz.

The Blitz has a lot of rust and corrosion, though the upholstery, fairing, etc. look pretty dang good.

As a thought, my First Edition of the Kalifornia Nyke has a lousy rattle can paint job over scraped and sanded-here-and-there as-found paint.  Get up close and you can see that it really was not a very rigorous restoration.  Something like that could be the ticket here as well.

Gary,

I think my "wheeling" is due to a combination of my current 20 consecutive years of racing modern karts at Blue Max (I'm the longest consecutive racer in the club), and them beverages..........
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
We put a bid in on the kart, we though to just clean it, freshen up the engine, but leave the shrouds alone, and run it as races in the 60's.
Well.....it's now up to Mike to do what he feels best for this Blitz-ster......the Vintage Community has a lot of info, but the elbow grease is all up to the newest owner .....let the fun begin Big Grin

Sometimes it takes years to get these old karts lap worthy again, once you scrape back the paint layers, knock off the corrosion and see how tweaked the chassis really is......the real work begins .

I find I have to really like the brand to make the effort......I guess that's why I have too many projects just waiting
to be finished or the finding is more fun than the restoring......ooops ! Big Grin

Or one excuse is as good as another .......
Mike knows what he's about. He's a veteran of resto. Ted
Hi Ted,
Hope you are feeling well. Think I may try to get it running before the Big One. Might be nice to run a lap or two. It is a bit tight to set in but a couple laps won't be any worse than an Xterminator. Tell Ron I said hi and we will all talk soon. 
Later Mike
Mike, I wish I could be at The Big One. Charlie and I talked, maybe next year. Ron was here this morning, working on the new Fox for Sue. We're talking about getting the Swoopster ready with a '91 for Sue to run Tucson in Nov. Say "Hi" to Kathy for me! Ted
Teddy,

Are you chronicling the progress on the Fox?

If so, please post here on the Forum under Member Projects and Collections.

Curious minds want to know.......

Ciao!
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Mike,
See attached photo of the back of a post-card from Blitz.  I believe that it's from 1962 (same as the kart in the photos above).  It says that they came in red, blue and satin black.

FWIW, I've never seen a black Blitz.  Then again, I came onto the karting scene late (2004).

Doug

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

No, Jimmy. Ron just brings it over when he wants to cut and grind and make noise. His neighborhood is a bit upscale for metalworking activities. He got the mounts removed, and the gosh awful mess under the front frame rails, as well as the bent front bumper removed. It'll soon be ready for Ben's TIG magic. They're bending a new bumper for it, and I gave Ron a set of Margay pan tabs to weld on. He has the Margay wheels, also. Ted