Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tilly carb rebuild thread restart
not much to report .
four clutches are read for install on thursday. sadly friday was a migrian sorta day nothing done but being miserable all day. am better today but still wonky. i think i strained a neck muscle overdoing my yogart class.
gotta stay loose if i'm gonna last and all that.
anyway i took some pix before i left i'll post them for your amusement or annoyance depending on your temperment. and again I AM NOT A HOURDER!!!!

Big Grin
Save

Save
Save
Dave L.
..Stuff for the STORE ..??? ..
nope i am keeping carbs and clutches.
running duals and duals carbs will chew up alot of what i have piled up.
there is stuff there i'd be listing just not the cresents.
and theres extra stuff for rebuilding carbs for other people if i ever get around to it.
i actually have more carb and clutch stuff which i should maybe arrang to get at some point. bought one pile couple years ago.
but i move slow and am in zero hurry.

as you can see a tiny corner of my life is kinda organized.
there is progress but really slow mo version.
Dave L.
Now I know why I can,t find any parts on line. Lol nice collection
mel,
you're looking at fifteen years of me buying carbs and/or parts.
i've sold a ton of them to guys over the years or the pile would be beyond stupid at this point.
last three years i've bought practically nothing in the way of parts after i bought out the texas estate.
for one many of my parts were already in hand and the texas stuff actually made for alot of doubles.
the other is i've swung to building stuff rather than buying.

buying the carbs for a while i got lucky at swap meets .
almost exclusively tilly stuff mcculloch stuff is alot harder to source.
one guy i bought from was an engine builder who brought a new pile every time i saw him.
i think building contacts at swap meets is a great way to gather parts if you're in something long term.
but it seems there isn't as much tillies being used so i rarely find them any more.

most of the tillies made have alot of common parts that are made to fit any carb in the series.
i have noted some of the numbers that are important to building alky carbs and will list them at some point.
Cool
Dave L.
Dave....."Yogurt Class" ???   You trying to lose some belly fat so Miller can't pass you ?

Post some pictures of the Geek yogurt from the class....Big Grin .....sometimes you can win if you lose !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

..He has to get a carb that works and get out on the track before any passing happens ..!!..

sorry dave I couldn't resist ...

plus if ya run gas like I do you prolly be able turn few laps .. Lol.. hehehe...
i ran at least 50 laps with the king kart. brian and i were last ones on the track after flagged stuff ended.
i always have one runner with me lately that has been yet another mc49 powered kart.
you want reliable run a mc49 alky or gas they aren't fussy at all.

so what's yer point.
i make mistakes building stuff well that's a newsflash!!!
i'm always dragging something new along to mess with finished or not otherwise i wander around buying everything that's for sale.
can't have that.
true the mc91 never ran at avon .
didn't run at new castle much either.
but i still like to drag the project kart with me so i get test tune lap times if things work out.

now when i go to rigp i'll have running stuff with me. theres no time for fooling around so i have been prepping three engines last day or two .
first one is nearly done seemed to be running weird so i didn't run it at orville last season.
on closer inspection the bearings weren't looking loose so i pulled it down pulled piston pin and yep they were stuck. now loose and free.
can't find my little 101 rod bolt socket ted gave me so i dug up some regular rod bolts.
tomorrow will be dis assembling the one we busted the starter nut on want to pull rod and piston.
will check rod for bend and inspect bearing area of piston for stress cracks.
motor should be fine but why take a chance.
third motor seems a little light on compression may need new piston or hone or maybe rings are stuck who knows.
if all goes well i may set up a dual for rigp but i at least want the sidewinder new breed ready to rock by end of week.
Dave L.
..my point is ......I just like picking on ya ...
if you enjoy what ur doin who cares ...what you build or how ya build it ...
im fortunate to have unlimited space to ride stuff and get it super tuned before events