Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VKA Brodhead Dual Rear Race Video
It could have been better, it was still cool. Brodhead had 85 race entries, probably well into the low 100s practiced.

Steve's dual ran flawlessly. My double trouble lived up to the moniker. All of our problems were on my kart. Ignition issues on the left engine, it would occasionally stay spooled up and engaging the clutch in some corners when you wanted it to roll and disengage. We got it straightened out for the third race. The right engine had carb issues and fuel pick up issues every race. We are pretty sure we know what to do to fix it now.

Going down the straight it would top out at 9200 rpm and that was it. It ran the infield incredibly, but was slow down the straight. So slow that it caught Jerry Nagel off guard, he was like it was like you suddenly lost the engine at end of the straight, but then you would take off and I could not catch you through the infield.

Duals are fun, but if you want to run fast, they are a handful and a workout. Race #1 is probably my favorite race of the season thus far. We'll run them again at Rock Island and Delmar, and dad is taking his to Quincy.

One day we'll maybe have to go west instead of east.

Messages In This Thread
RE: VKA Brodhead Dual Rear Race Video - by Shawn Welte - 08-05-2017, 07:19 PM