Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprocket hub help
Hi everyone , does anyone know a easy way to get the hub of a older Azusa to separate from the sprocket? I want to move. My sprocket over a little bit , and it won,t separate , I hate to start banging on it. Thanks guys
Mel  is there 2  taped holes in the hub If so remove the 3  that pulls it together.  put a screw in one or both of the taped  holes and tighten until it pops apart.     Jim
Jim, early taper hubs didn't have the "pusher" holes. We had a Palmini here the other day that had to be tapped apart gently with a dead blow hammer. No damage to Jimmy Waltz' greatly anticipated hub! Ted
Thanks guys for your quick response. Jim it does have 2 threaded holes ,so I will try this.
the holes are taped 1/4X20
Teddy,

Are you telling me you got the wheels off the axle and you've dismounted the sprocket hub as well?

I'm quaking in anticipation of your response.........

That particular sprocket hub is as rare as hen's teeth.  It's the later style of which there are very,very few in existence.
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
No, Jimmy. Ron just separated the hub from the taper lock so he could get at the nuts on the bearing hanger to get the axle out of the kart. One of the wheels actually already feels loose. They may be easier to remove than we think. Dean has all the goodies now. Ted
Teddy,

Thanks for update.

I have been assuming that the axle and the wheels are the "taper lock" style.

However, Bob Palmini actually made his wheels in two styles, both for the taper lock axles and regular stepped axles.

I won't know what I have until I get the stuff in hand.

To a certain extent I don't care which they are.

Ciao!
Ron was tired, and it was HOT out there. I just let him do his thing. About all I did was furnish any tools he didn't bring, and the space to work. I sat in the shop chair and watched. Once Ron gets going,it's best to stay the heck out of the way! Ted
It's great being "in good hands".........