Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel tank
I have seen some karts with an aluminum cylinder type fuel tank mounted to the front floor pan. Can anyone tell me where I can get one?

Thanks
Brad
Brad ....several years ago when this ebayer started selling fuel Tanks.....I bought one .

I never put it on one of my Karts, as I prefer an era correct style tank, but check his store out to see if one might interest you ?

http://stores.ebay.com/bam-manufacturing...7675.l2563

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you!
I'll check it out.
Palmini and Dart both offered cylindrical aluminum tanks. My pal Charlie has a Dart tank on the Bug Scorpion. It's been there since '64 or '65. TJ
Brad - is this kinda what you are looking for?  Just happened to see this and recalled that you are looking for one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-6-ROUND-...An&vxp=mtr
Hi Sterling!
I was originally looking for the azusa seat back tank for my Alley Kat reproduction. Some people call them moon tanks. Then I seen a kart in pictures from suger river that had a Cylinder shaped tank mounted to the floorpan.I have this tank that I was thinking of mounting on the floorpan? Tell me what you think.

Brad

I guess it would work but it might get in the way of your legs.  Looks a little tall.  I believe that type might work better behind the seat.  The half moon would probably be your best bet.  Keep looking.  One will turn up.
After Go Kart Mfg. closed up, Duffy Livingston came out with this design.....a transition from rear to sidewinder.

He used the square industrial fuel tank that was readily available, but he put in behind the seat .

Some of the Swoopster Karts also used the square tank design, in back .

Of course the iconic tiny round tank usually found on cool mini bikes was one of the early fuel tanks seen.

Today the iconic round Moony from lots of different vendors and of course the Chilton style/ Dart is what most of us see
attached to the rear of the seat back.

List of fuel tank ideas used both front and rear is endless......my favorite was Duffy sitting on top of an inner tube
under his seat to add more capacity.....one of his speed secrets  Rolleyes  .

Thanks for posting some different types of tank configurations! I could mount this tank but I would need to fab up a couple of mounts to strap it to. Seatback would be easier. I may look into mounting it on the left rear of the kart.

Brad
The  Swoopster Sprint tanks weren't really square. They were racetrack shaped in cross section. Kohler engine tanks were the same shape. Flat top and bottom with radiuses both sides. TJ