Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MC91B1 rod, piston, wrist pin assembly
(05-13-2020, 10:56 PM)Terry Bentley Wrote: A new piston should already have the needle bearings installed. You dont normally reuse the old one. It just gets pushed out when removing the pin. When installing a new pin, make sure length is correct first. Drop it in piston and see how deep it goes. You want to push new pin in a little less than that, just below flush, so doesnt bottom against the closed bearing.

When pressing the pin in piston for the first few attempts, always stop and either back off screw or release pressure from arbor press. It is not difficult to get the pin started crooked. I have seen others ruin new parts by not knowing what they were doing. Once you get a feel for it, then wont usually have any trouble.

The piston was a "Take out" part from another engine. I have two 49m/c blocks that I got from Dwain Parks on Facebook "Vintage Kart Stuff" group.  I've already built one of the m/c's by just dropping a 250 rod and piston in it. But since I have these 49m/c Piston's. Plus, I just ordered two wrist pins, and two sealed bearings, I wan't to use them (rather than the saw piston).  I'll have to install the closed bearing into these 49m/c Pistons when those arrive some time next week. Just not sure of that process.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MC91B1 rod, piston, wrist pin assembly - by Ryan Courts - 05-13-2020, 11:31 PM