Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New castle on of the best VKA events on the circuit.
I've been busy this week .
after returning from New Castle i had to go to work till now.
When i got home tonight i read the threads now on the forum and there is some discussion about what people feel is needing to be fixed.
i'm really tired and didn't consider HOW the issues were being discussed.

i was eating a late dinner when i got a phone call that distressed me and clarified what was bugging me about the "it has to stop" thread.
When i posted i had half finished thoughts (tired) but i was trying to say the Promoter has a s*** ton to do already so driver issues should be something dealt with by a separate party designated by the club.
in this case VKA.
The post is something that needs addressing but i think it would have been better to say VKA needs to do some changes to prevent incidents in the future.

So i've thought about it some more and decided i need say something about all the negativity.
Jeff pulled off another great event and theres very little THANKING him on the forum.
ALL THIS NEGATIVITY without much in the way of thanking Jeff for his hard work pulling off a huge event year after year IS WRONG.

As a former promoter of events i am pretty familiar with not being noticed unless there's a problem.
It seems we forget without the promoters and their hard work we WOULD NOT HAVE EVENTS to go to.

basically i realized that you boneheads have been complaining about some issues at New Castle but there isn't any thread THANKING Jeff for all his hard work and effort.

THAT IS WRONG.
So , in case people missed it , i had a great time at this event.
SO DID EVERYONE ELSE.

Jeff had record attendance and there were literally every kind of Great driver there to run the karts.
There was an insane amount of track time and as with any racing day there were some issues.

BUT the majority of the whole weekend was flawless.

i haven't been able to attend in several years and it is about 14 hours from where i live.
but last time i'd had fun so i made a special effort to go despite it being outside my current budget.
i am happy to say it was totally worth going.
It was a tight well run event,there were EMT's at all times wandering around ready for emergencies, and about everything else you'd expect at a well run event.
Sure there were some issues you can't have a big event without them.
but overall it was one of the best run events i've been lucky enough to attend.
it was at least as good as any WKA weekend.

And maybe it was missed in the "it has to stop" thread but the issues we are discussing are VKA event issues and how VKA events IN GENERAL should be run.

These issues are issues VKA the club needs to address for EVERY VKA EVENT.

discussing these issues when talking about the most recent VKA event is wrong since it's a club event flow issue.

Everyone has seen fit to discuss the "VKA issues" we'd like to see fixed.
Unfortunately using the most recent event as an example.
To me that wasn't really the best approach to solving perceived problems.
So Now EVERYONE also needs to thank Jeff for his time and effort in putting on this event.
i'll be checking back in to see who says what so make it good.
Dave L.
Yes Jeff put on an great event. I often get upset about some things that happen and try to figure out what is going on. In the future I will just let everything go as most people do and move on. I am learning the only actions i can control are my own. I was not trying to diss anyones particular event even if it appears that way to some. I too had a good time there. If I didn't you wouldn't see the walk through Video's I did on the facebook VKA pages.
Jeff put on a spectacular event, and also took time out of his schedule to help me with any issues with my kart. Super welcoming, and really relaxed and chill, though i doubt that was what he was feeling like on the inside. 

i know I'll be there next year!
For the record, the only reason I commented on the "it has to stop" thread was because I thought it was about events in general! I just read thought it again and still see it that way.

As far as Jeff's event at New Castle goes, it's on my bucket list of events I really want to one day make It out to!

-Al Postiglione
absolutely correct.. Mr Brown and crew did one heck of a job,,as he always does,,,my hats off to Jeff and crew,,,

for you guys that say"'I'm to old, to far away, can't fit in one""" this is the yearly event to hit.....

next one for me,,Camden,,and the Fish Fry,,,,,

gw
..jeff brown...you had an awesome event in my eyes .. the hand shake line up was really neat .,the tracks pretty cool ..lots lots go karts and great people ..
thinkin im hooked for sure ..

jeff hope to see ya ay avon ..
that's more like it.
i'm going to move the thread on track issues to the section where it goes with a forward.

Cool
Dave L.