Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop switch
Hi everyone,does everyone use a stop switch or kill bottom to stop motor from running? And how do you hook it up? Thankyou for your help, I ,am learning a lot as I restore my dart kart
i use a momentary switch
button actually
i bought it at lowes
wire to the coil and to switch then to ground
tk
GEARBOX
a kill switch is an excellent idea.
momentary buttons work best .
on/off switches can be missed when you go to try starting a motor and it's in off position.
that can make for a looong day plus flood out an otherwise good motor.

the best reason to have them is not to shut them down when fresh off the track.
it's more for emergencies when a motor is running away or worse when a kart flips but the throotle gets tuck open.
a properly tuned motor will either stall moments after you let off the gas or idle so low that touching your shoe to the starter pulley will stall it.
Cool
Dave L.
I always run a switch. Reason number one is safety. For me/ for you / for the engine. Reason number two is because i can do full throttle chops and do plug readings. They are never wrong if done properly.
(06-19-2017, 10:08 PM)steve welte Wrote: I always run a switch. Reason number one is safety. For me/ for you / for the engine. Reason number two is because i can do full throttle chops and do plug readings. They are never wrong if done properly.

Do you hold the throttle wide open until the engine stops, or close it when you ground the ignition? What is the proper way? Thanks.