Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
random pix of kart stuff i've got stock piled.
hi guys,
just for giggles i took a few pix of the stuff piled up in the green house for dry storage.
a few of the frames aren't for sale but most of them will be being listed for purchase.
running low on space so thinning the herd is becoming a priority!!!
it's possible i have a buying problem Dodgy

BTW this is the greenhouse storage on the back side. theres others in the front and a "few" in the basement too. plus a couple in milford Big Grin
Dave L.
Big Dave.......we all have a "Buying Problem", the %$#^@ hits the fan when we have no more space , no more garage,
no more shop and no where else to put another great find.

And you also notice......how many trailers and sheds can one own before you say, "Time to thin the Herd"......

I just returned from SoCal with a few more couldn't live without's and on the way back visited a friend who happened to
be building kart storage to the roof of his twenty plus foot ceilings.......!

I'm not a mini bike guy either, but two of those hitched a ride back in my truck.......where does it end ?

I noticed there are probably three more karts on my bucket list ......my advice to those just getting into Vintage Karts
decide what Kart is what you truly desire and focus on it only ........of course it doesn't work like that......you soon notice you are becoming a collector that can't part with any of them .

By the way I was offered a kart by a friend.......but even though he "might" cut it up if I didn't rescue it .......I turned down the offer, but but but .........you have to start somewhere to stop collecting just one more . Big Grin
that is when you have a disease. My approach is different. If it doesn't race well it won't be in my stable. I have piles of other S---- besides karts but I'm not buying much of anything.
sadly i too have piles of other stuff.
old p.a, lighting gear,car parts,harley parts ect ect.
when i say thin the herd i maybe should say bulldose the pile flat.
i will be selling alot of stuff soon seems to be the mood i'm in.
maybe i'll actually do it this time!!
Dave L.
Dave

Please give us an accurate time for SOON.   On the old forum the closed store languished with a message that said it would reopen soon for over two years.

Your latest pictures are sort of a version of Vintage Karting striptease.  At this point no one really believes you will activate the store and part with your G-string and pasties.

Smokey the Geezer
Hello.  My name is ___________ and I am a vintage kart-a-holic.  My last frame purchase was________.
looks and sounds like a cry for help to me
When I was young, Pop had a junkpile behind the lawn mower shop, and another in the old shop behind the house. These piles looked just like Dave's piles-O-parts, except that they were comprised of old mower and auto parts instead of kart parts. You'd be surprised how many customer's mowers were resurrected from these piles. Just like Dave's stuff, these parts weren't being made any more. When I was about eight, Pop began allowing me to go thru the parts and salvage engines and parts that were still useable. Pop showed me how to clearance pistons, check rod/journal clearances and grind valves. He sold me parts at cost to complete the engines, and taught me to use the spray gun properly to paint the finished engines. I had a corner of the showroom with a huge wire display rack to sell the engines, and I sold a bunch of them. I financed my first Bug with the money in '58, and when I went to work in the mower shop at 14 years old, I was ready. Whenever I see a pile of stuff like Dave's, it brings a good feeling of remembrance to me! Ted
YEAH YEAH YEAH OPEN THE STORE NOW
BLA BLA BLA
Dang caps lock.
below is a long winded excuse for the delay.
all true but still if i'd merely stopped sleeping i could've had the store opened long ago so i'm just lazy is my best excuse.
or
If i was retired the store would be open long ago.
or
if i expected to make a living off this stuff .
but i'm not any of the above.
This is a HOBBY FOR ME so when selling i've always just used space at my mothers house to ship.
from past experience i know at least a 12x14 space is needed to organize stuff for temporary storage , taking pictures,packing and addressing.
That used to be what i used a spare room in moms house for but then my sister got laid off and divorced within weeks of each other.
So space there is less and less, in this same time period i lost a free storage space i've had well over forty years.
That needed to be addressed RIGHT NOW or be gone.
Besides i have a CRAPPY REP as a fast shipper from when i tried to sell stuff and keep a job and raise my daughter (single dad) and run a business and pursue a hobby that requires serious amounts of traveling every summer.

i have zero intention for "the store" to get that same rep.
i don't like that rep for myself anyway.
so i have looked for somebody who i can trust to be reliable about things being shipped,rebuilt a basically abandoned garage on the rental property to be a good place to take the pix ,store inventory,pack and ship.
the garage is 12x20 and the shed is an additional 12x14 perfect for a shipping room.
the garage needed to be cleared out of construction flotsom , roof repaired , tenants crap evicted , wired for electric ,door replaced ect ect.
 it is it's only 1/2 done but dry and usable and HAS A NEW ELECTRIC PANEL.
hurray!!!
so we are moving forward with temporary shelves that may be there about forever.
that oughta be done early next week if i survive New Castle which is pretty much wiping out the coming week.

i have ALOT of P.A. gear thats gonna be flogged.
a fair pile of vintage 65 mustang parts and whole cars that is going away.
tons of harley parts that i have full paint sets , smalls maybe even an engine , tranny or frame or two will be offered. Undecided 
PLUS an absolutely stupid pile of Racing kart stuff most everything is vintage.

SOOOO am on it.
will get it done eventually .
aaaaand i hope a few guys are still around to get stuff gone for me!!!
Dave L.
So here ya go .
THIS GUY had a problem too much money and not enough time it seems.
absolutely beautiful stuff that's gonna all be sold. lucky for us he seems to have missed buying up go karts!!!

car tractor antique sign auction
Dave L.