Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can you tell about it? (Big Bear Gk mini bike)
A friend purchased recently a kool little mini bike and he was hoping to get some knowledge of what he has. It has a West Bend engine ( looks like a 510). Does anyone have an idea whey year and model.All information would be appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-08-2017, 11:56 PM)Kevin Davis Wrote: A friend purchased recently a kool little mini bike and he was hoping to get some knowledge of what he has. It has a West Bend engine ( looks like a 510). Does anyone have an idea whey year and model.All information would be appreciated.
You found the most basic early minibike that Go Krart Manufacturing offered before going bankrupt. A last attempt to stay fluid before declaring bankruptcy. Nothing exceptional but a minibike to show for it. The kart craze died down and minibike took hold. The rest is history.
Looks like it's had plenty of activity.....base model had no suspension so tubing took lots of abuse.

Still a great find to go with a Go Kart Mfg. collection......restore that extra added piece, new paint, tires, and some shine
and it'll be good for another fifty years of Cycle fun .

The coolest mini in my opinion.
Sold mine a while back.
I have some brochures if you are interested.  Here is one page.

terry

Terry.....please post anything you have, much appreciated especially at the larger size, like this drawing !!!

A lot of the old kart mags were printed on less then archival paper so they are falling apart ...so any digital files
for preserving the history here is a great resource .

Thanks for the information guys. Does anyone know if this is a big bear scrambler? It does have a West Bend that appears to be original.The tag is worn too hard for us to make out the model number.

Yes its a B bear.
Here is a zip of Go Kart Cycles brochures

Here is a zip of Go Kart Cycles brochures.

And a shot of my sticker - minimally better than yours.
I think Vince Hughes had them reproduced.

.zip   Go Kart brochures.zip (Size: 694.7 KB / Downloads: 7)
Great info on the GK Cycles, thanks Terry for posting !

I've downloaded the frame dimensions for those that have asked .....a PDF that had been uploaded on the old Forum.

Attached Files
.pdf   Flexo Big Bear mini bike drawing.pdf (Size: 294.18 KB / Downloads: 13)
It is a 1960 or later Big Bear Scrambler.