Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTB Mac outer shroud cover
I need 2 of the covers that go in the outter shroud to cover flywheel on a Mac.thanks
(06-07-2017, 05:45 AM)Steve carroll Wrote: I need 2 of the covers that go in the outter shroud to cover flywheel on a Mac.thanks

what motor ???
i need covers for a macculloch 92.what i need are the plastic or metal covers that go over the hole where pull starter goes.it keeps things from getting caught in flywheel.
i have one NOS screen if that will help. check your PMs. you might want to hold out for somebody that has 2. like luciani. i hear he has a suitcase full. thought they would be on the store by now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Screens are not intended for use with recoil starters. If you use a belt or stick starter, you can cut a hole in one of Chuck's plastic screens. I have fancy screens water jet from my CAD files. I don't currently have ones for Mc92's, but I could easily copy one from the 101D and modify it for the '92. Waterjet Cutting, Inc. in Albuquerque cuts them, and the customer makes arrangements with Waterjet to pay them and get them shipped to you. Waterjet is a great company, but they're very busy, so you can't expect super quick turnaround. To do one for your '92, I need to know the center hole Dia. and the clocking of the starter mounting holes, where my screens attach. I also need the angle at which your engine is mounted from horizontal. PM me if you want one or two. Here are typical examples of my screens. You get to polish them. Ted
Wink 
Ted......you're setting the bar "pretty" high on kart art or engine bling'........now when we all show up for an
event, the pits will have the beauty area and the rest of us will be over in the beast section......

Randy, I've been letting Waterjet Cutting, Inc. in Albuquerque do my cutting of flat parts for about 12 years now. I just make a Pro/Engineer model and drawing, convert the drawing to .DXF and email it to Waterjet. They can cut stone, wood, metal and the prettiest gaskets you ever saw. They just did the gaskets for the new dual HL manifold Tom Kelley is making for me. They look like die cut goodies. The screen mounted on the piece of 1X wood for polishing was one I did a while ago for Jimmy Waltz. Easy to make and to mount. Whatever alloy Waterjet is using takes a nice polish, too. I gotta get out there in the 105+ degree heat and polish up the new one for the Photon's 610. Ted
Ted......just remember it's a dry heat, but to keep your cool in the hot shop.....here's a tip.....

Get one of those Harbor Freight stand up fans, take some small metal  tubing that you can coil around the fan, tie wrap it
so it doesn't fall off.  To the metal coil tubing attach some plastic tubing from a tub of ice &  water....to circulate it through the coil use a small pond pump.......aim the fan conditioner toward where you are working and getter done !

It won't use much expensive electricity so you can get your projects finished up and keep your cool too !

By the way ...say some of us wanted to bling up a bit , how much do you figure it would cost for us to have some covers
water jetted and shipped.....is it less to make several at a time or can we just do one at time as desired for about the same price ?

It IS less costly to have several made of the same file at once. The problem with the screens arises when engines are mounted at different angles, thus making it necessary to rotate the tabs that mount the screen to the shroud. My Pro/E files are made so it's simple for me to make that mod, but when Michael or Alex at Waterjet program the machine, it's a different setup for each filename. If there were two or three identical ones, the price would decrease. I email Waterjet the DXF file, and they phone or email the end customer with the cost estimate, and the customer pays Waterjet directly. It makes it quicker and simpler for the customer, and there's less chance of a mixup without me being involved in the transaction. A number of these files are kept in Waterjet's archives. All I have to do is phone them and get the thing going. Also, I have only files here for the 610, 820 and the Mc101D. It will mean a bit of fiddling to make the font spacing look good for engines with less characters in the model name. No problem to do it, but it isn't simply a matter of typing in a new model number. Charlie Craibe's 101D is the only Mac screen I've done so far. Ted