Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mentor for New Castle
The young man Vico 12years old whos been on here asking questions is coming to New Castle with his Mom and a panther x with a Mac 8.  I'm looking for guys who can help him get on the track etc.   I've sent him parts and I'm covering his entry. 
Any volunteers?  E mail me invaderjb@gmail.com
I'm not sure how much time we will have but to meet him would be great. At some point we usually end up helping someone. If we don't break anything we might have a lot of time. This young man seems way beyond his years with the questions he has asked. One thing for sure is to be sure he has about the right gearing for NC. Save that 8 and don't wind it to death.
I'm sure Vico will be over his head, since this will be a first time experience and one he will remember forever .

Maybe Jim Donovan will be there to sort out his clutch and lots of others will help Vico get his Margay sorted out .

Just make sure he has the right safety gear on when he makes those first laps.......his excitement will be intense !
We will help out also. As I'm sure everyone will. Glad to see intrest from a younger fellow.
have him pit with me if he does not have a pit yet...

gw
i'm working on getting away for new castle event.
i was on the fence till i heard about Vico and am trying hard to make Jeffs event..
i'll be pitting with Gary W. if it all works out.

only issua at work theres a monday load in at the theater that may have a sunday requirement.
if we aren't working on sunday i'll probably be able to sneak out there.
i think i can sorta afford it.

i am not really serious about winning anything so if i go i'll help him out with the kart.
i'm not much use tuning frames but i doubt he'll be at any level that will require that knowledge.
i'll bring the king kart wmc49 if i make it he can run that too.
was running a little better than excellent a week or so ago at Teds event.
Cool
Dave L.
We have a mentor/ mechanic for Vico whos not racing, he's pitting with me. You guys are off the hook. Everyone racing is too busy.

Thanks for responding.
Looks like the "Kansas Flyer" is in good hands......plenty of mentors to make sure his machine flies .

Hope his mom has a great experience too so we see Vico making an appearance at many events in the future .
am definitely going now all clear.
Gary W. and i got upstaged by a far better tech.
vico will have a fine time.
Dave L.
Thats ok,,,I feel a party coming on,,,,..........

gw