Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make/Model
I hit a dead end in trying to track down my old kart when I was a kid. I managed to find photos of it today. My dad built lift brackets to give it more ground clearance for running on the farm. I believe he also added an extension to move the seat forward for me to reach. Based on these photos can you tell what it was?

http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/stevel...brary/Kart
Steve,

Check out the VanDeusen Motorsports website at vdm46.com. They have complied lots of great information and images of Emmick, Invader and many other great race karts. When I noticed the one piece style nerf bar I thought of Emmick right away. I tried to confirm it as best as possible on the VanDeusen's website and I'm almost certain the kart from your childhood is an Emmick Thunder circa 1976-1977. They have several detailed photos of a dual engine model posted. On yours, the bolt on front bumper, the curved, heim joint steering uprights, the rear bumper, the inverted spindles and the tell tale wrap around nerf bar all point to a Thunder. I could be wrong but take a moment when you can and visit the website so you can try to determine for yourself. Stick around a while once there, it's a great website!
does look like an emmic.
happily it also looks like your dad didn't hack it up when he modified it .
there's a fair chance if you figure out where it went you could redo it for track use.
the four stroke part for vintages events is a no go currently.
Cool
Dave L.
I'd say you called it on the Emmick. Sure look dead on to me. Now to find a another.....