Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I survived sandy hook.
This is a reply to all..........

I have been having trouble getting onto this forum. Finally I have re-regrestered with a new name. Hopeful, from this point forward I will be able to respond to all questions and thoughts regarding the N.E. Series.

1. There is so much posted here that I'm fearful I am going to miss something..... But I will start an attempt to shed some light on how things developed and how things played out. If there is anything I don't touch upon remind me. 

2. This is our first attempt at putting together this series. Personally I expected some "bumps". And what I'm hearing here basically amounts to just that. I will deal with the "bumps" in a bit.

There seems to be a question as to "Why" have this series. Well from what I have been observing attendance at the very least has been flat and in some cases down. This series is an attempt to improve numbers while making things interesting for everyone. The intent of the series was clearly placed on the original series flyer. 

Here is the section on the flyer dealing with the "Why":

• The 4 events, and the collective event, “The Northeast Vintage Kart Promoter’s Cup Series”, will be conducted keeping in mind the core VKA vision. That is, to grow Vintage Kart participation, to further the acquisition, preservation, and restoration of Vintage Go-Karts, and all in a safety minded environment. 

• The Mission of the “Promoter’s Series”... The ultimate goal is to create an atmosphere that will add incentives and increase the participation of “Vintage Karters” at all events. The Series allows promoters to recognize not only the success of an individual or group on a particular day but also allows recognition of accomplishments across the entire season. The Series, by means of point tracking, recognizes consistency in participation, consistency in engineering, and consistency in driving.

I hope this clears things up for those asking "Why".

3. The "bumps":
Like I said, this is the first time for this Series. We worked on the ground rules with all promoters and VKA officials for months prior to the first event. What we came up with was a compromise. A compromise that all four promoters agreed on. We are expecting to examine this season, learn from it, and incorporate our experience into next years season.

The Straight Axle class, and this was on the posted flyer, was being incorporated into the more modern Sidewinder class for series scoring. This was one of the compromises we, as a group, had to make. The one mistake I made was that after the compromise was made of moving "Straight Axle" from the rear into Sidewinder I neglected to change the flyer to allow the softer compound tires. It was part of the discussion but never made it onto an updated flyer.
(Personally, it is my opinion that Straight Axle really belongs with rear with original style hard compound tires. I tried but could not get it done this time)

Much of the other stuff I am hearing are either absolute falsehoods or snippets of details blown way out of proportion. For lack of a better word I'll borrow the term "Fake News" or maybe "Alternate Facts". 

If anyone wants more details I am more then willing to speak with them. 
Send me a PM or simply give me a phone call.

4. The Insurance or "here we go again":
Last year there were all sorts of accusations regarding insurance.
All four events in this series have WKA insurance. There is no stipulation about racing or not racing. We have the same insurance that all the big national events carry. This was a non issue last year and is a non issue this year.

Now, considering our official "stated reason" for the series, are we doing anything different then at any other VKA event? Really?

5. Avon:
It's the the next event in the Series. July 28th and 29th. It's looking like it's going to be bigger then ever. 
Come on out and have some fun!

Thanks for Listening,
-Al Postiglione

Messages In This Thread
I survived sandy hook. - by tom dandes - 06-02-2017, 02:29 PM
RE: I survived sandy hook. - by Gary Wlodarsky - 06-02-2017, 05:39 PM
RE: I survived sandy hook. - by tom dandes - 06-02-2017, 06:01 PM
RE: I survived sandy hook. - by David Luciani - 06-02-2017, 11:18 PM
RE: I survived sandy hook. - by steve miller - 06-03-2017, 06:05 AM
RE: I survived sandy hook. - by tom dandes - 06-03-2017, 06:49 AM
RE: I survived sandy hook. - by Al Postiglione - 06-11-2017, 08:46 PM
RE: I survived sandy hook. - by Bill Peck - 06-03-2017, 09:53 AM