Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stellar Event at Thompson Speedway
All I can say is it was a stellar event at Thompson yesterday. Want to thank Ted Tine for spearheading this. Also want to thank Rick,Eric and all the boys from Long Island for setting up a really cool course out of pylons.Special thanks to Dave L. and my wife for feeding people. Thanks to Bill Mack for letting people drive his karts. The real cool thing about this event was there was no trophy's,no flags,no frills. Just people going out and running 2-8 karts at a time,with NO ISSUES.Rears went out with sidewinders. Mc-49's went out with Mc-101's and Yamahas,Komets. Reminded me of how we used to do things. Sometimes simpler is better. Again a big thanks to all!!!! Warmest Regards;Chris
I would like to thank all the people who came out to support our event @ the speedway.
A big thank you to Rick Keller and his crew for setting up a killer course and helping me with my kart set up. Dave Luciani for buying and cooking the great burgers and dogs. Michele Sahagian for the great pasta salad and creative eating utensils..LOL  And everyone else that helped to make this event so much fun!
And yes, we will be doing another event I'll keep you all informed ...hopefully an enduro for all you enduro guys...we will see what the future will bring. Thank you all again!
Ted
Great event. Thanks to all who made this happen. It tookme 17 years to get to one concidering I was on the original

oops. I hit send to quick. I was trying to say that when we formed the VKA back in 2000 we had no idea how vintage karting in general (not just VKA) would grow. Its nice to have an event in New England with over 30 karts.

marc
(05-29-2017, 11:01 AM)Chris Sahagian Wrote: All I can say is it was a stellar event at Thompson yesterday. Want to thank Ted Tine for spearheading this. Also want to thank Rick,Eric and all the boys from Long Island for setting up a really cool course out of pylons.Special thanks to Dave L. and my wife for feeding people. Thanks to Bill Mack for letting assurance chien people drive his karts. The real cool thing about this event was there was no trophy's,no flags,no frills. Just people going out and running 2-8 karts at a time,with NO ISSUES.Rears went out with sidewinders. Mc-49's went out with Mc-101's and Yamahas,Komets. Reminded me of how we used to do things. Sometimes simpler is better. Again a big thanks to all!!!! Warmest Regards;Chris

Hello!
This is my first time here and think that this is a good forum because there some good tips in it and it is also a very active one.
Thanks!