Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F/S Flexo Big Bear Scrambler On The Bay
I know someone was looking for one of these on the old or new forum. http://r.ebay.com/KaDAax
Only 1600 bucks.
Art....the interested party was Nick, but  he's the one selling this frame .

If anyone else is interested, I just got back from a buying trip to Los Angeles......I was picking up a Bug Kart
and the seller said he also had a few mini bikes .

Like it was GK mini bike heaven.....there were the original frames that can fit in a passenger car trunk....only two stroke engines will fit this small frame, then some taller models, Mickey Bikes, Taco's, and Garbro 5 inch wheels, early Azusa wheels......original steel tanks that came on early style engines.

The GK bikes even have the original steel wheels, the frames hanging on the wall were primed and in the shed there were more in multi layer paint condition .

I had been looking for some time for a GK Cycle mini......so I came home with a taller Flexo mini and a clone Taco Frijole
in flash rust patina......Go Power wheels, also a one off Moon tank to put on the Flexo.......I spent more then I should,
but.......why wait when you are on a roll......I had a great time and of course finished my Bug collection .

I also got to spend a Sunday afternoon with my friend Enzo before heading home, only two more karts left on my bucket list .....Caretta  and an Alpha Mark 10.......but I have plenty of projects to finish before those get real .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Randy,

Don't finish up your projects too fast, else you'll make me feel bad about my 2nd Edition ("Palmini Special") Kalifornia Nyke, the Orange Krate, and my Emmick Lightning - not to mention the major overhaul & mods to the SAE.

Ciao!
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Jim.....No need to think I'm going to get ahead of you......I'm already out of room to store all this Vintage Collection .

While at Enzo's place I noticed he was in total remodel construction, I've never seen so many different karts ....it was indeed a sight to behold, but I didn't take pictures .....you have to visit to take it all in Smile

Funny we talked so much I was losing my voice, Mike said I came a week too early, but I know it will be perfection when all done......!
how about  1960

its a 1960 Go Kart cycle big bear scrambler west bend 580 had it since 1989 not for sale

Steve......very nice, all the right pieces.

I looked high and low to find a GK Cycle, then when I found some I decided to go with the slightly taller Flexo bike
to go with my Go Kart 800/1200 collection,

Your mini is more rare and desirable because of it's size, but the Flexo I purchased had a Briggs on it, which I didn't buy
but is a more practical power plant for a pit bike and heavier to load in and out of my truck, plus I happen to like the Go
Power wheels that Flexo used when they acquired all of Go Karts frame stock .

Randy i have been slowly piecing  this bike together over the years  just got the  correct brake lever last month its small and dosent take up much space ,loud as hell with open exhaust i bring it to vintage meets  to ride around  my wife hates it and will be in good company with the 60 go kart 800 that is coming along real nice

at Tacoma Washington last year vintage kart meet
Steve...love the Tee shirt......!

I will probably match my Flexo up with my GK1200 .....as my first 800 was candy red .

I also own a blue 800 that Frank Davis restored .....but I like the red because it seems more like what the GK Racing Team used back in the heyday .

Did you get one of the Medley Go Kart hats ?

Randy i found the black and white shirt on ebay a few years back was listed under the stooges seems that the guitarist was a big go kart nut in the 60s and 70s if frank davis restored the 800 it must be a real nice piece