Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVICO STEERING WHEEL JUST ARRIVED FROM REX MARINE
Hey,

I ordered another steering wheel a while back when I did an order for the notorious Gary W..

Apparently they got in another shipment.

I do indeed like the style and manufacturing of this steering wheel.

High quality with vintage look!
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Yep! The only hassle is elongating the holes to fit the standard kart bolt pattern. I bolt mine to a 2X4 thru the center hole and file the holes with a chain saw file or a saw filing diamond burr in the Dremel. Works well. Those little cylindrical diamond burrs come in handy. I just used one to mod the slot in an aluminum clevis so I could get more throttle rod travel. Cheap on eBay. TJ
Is that the wheel Bug used for so many years?
No, Terry. Bug used the Trophy wheel back in the day. TJ
(05-20-2017, 11:26 AM)Jim Waltz Wrote: Hey,

I ordered another steering wheel a while back when I did an order for the notorious Gary W..

Apparently they got in another shipment.

I do indeed like the style and manufacturing of this steering wheel.

High quality with vintage look!

hush hush,,get yer self in trouble,,,,and Thank you much,,,

gw
Hey, GW. How does it feel to be "notorious"? Big Grin Ted
Are they the 12" Grant style but not as deep dish made of stainless for around $75? Is that considered a run on sentence?

I hated anything with the Azusa style wheel. Anytime I had a chance to grab a Trophy wheel, it got swapped with the Azusa. Wish I still had all the ones that were stashed. Only a few left. The rest eventually got swapped with the newer European style.
The old Trophy wheels were very good. The Covico, however, has a softer vinyl grip. It's the best feeling wheel I've used in over 59 years. They're on all my karts. I had an Azusa on the n1ke, because that's the wheel the original Nikes came with. It lasted one event before I took it off. TJ
(05-20-2017, 05:30 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Hey, GW. How does it feel to be "notorious"? Big Grin Ted

PSSSSST..not the first time in my life...LOL

gw
(05-20-2017, 07:12 PM)Gary Wlodarsky Wrote:
(05-20-2017, 05:30 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Hey, GW. How does it feel to be "notorious"? Big Grin Ted

PSSSSST..not the first time in my life...LOL

gw

Imagine that...........
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA