Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID help please Hello New to Karting Found basket case go kart
[attachment=1341][attachment=1341][attachment=1340][attachment=1340][attachment=1340][[attachment=1340]Hi I always wanted a go kart.   Last yr. looked on craigslist and answered ad.  I found this cool old yard kart.
This one looks like the fun karts my 12 year friends had in the late 60's..    i am tickled to have this simple thing.
I stripped it, cleaned it up, and now it is looking sharp.   Got it going an rigged in December.  I had to get throttle and brakes working and that was a challenge but it ran good.   

I came with a 9 cubic inch Tecumseh.  .   I have a briggs 5 hp and a clone for it.  Put on new brakes 6 inch drum and throttle and brake rods.   I used the Azusa drum because it bolted on the hanger and I don't weld.

It came with 5 inch tri-star wheels (still on the rear) 

I don't know if I was able to attach pictures.  Please let me know the procedure if my pics didn't attach.

Thank You for your help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pat,

It looks like you found a bonafide race kart, what with the live axle in the rear and dropped axle in the front.

You did good work.

They only this this group would encourage you to do is find a nice 2-cycle West Bend Power Bee or other period-correct karting engine, to make it a true vintage kart.

And maybe some 4" Tri-Stars for the front.

Ciao!
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
pretty sure its a Clarke model 400
steve is right. it's a clark fun kart. they came with briggs and stratton 5hp.