Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with identification of 1" rear wheel hub
(05-08-2017, 06:56 PM)Vince Rosanelli Wrote: Good evening to all. I was hoping someone might recognize and be able to help identify the wheel hub pictured here and also if it originally came on the late 70's K&P Mfg Bug Wasp "Works" kart or if it maybe might have been added on afterwards. Thank you in advance for any help provided!

Bug Trophy style hub. It shares the same bolt pattern as Hartman, and one set of holes on Margay.

Margay 62 series has two different bolt patterns on their wheels.

On a Margay wheel half, you will notice the letters MH stamped on one set of bolt holes. You line this up the same as other half and use these holes on a Margay hub. (MH)

IIRC Trophy(Bug) and Hartman are exactly the same bolt pattern. Invader is smaller like Margay. Margay uses this smaller pattern for their hubs, but also has the larger one on other set of bolt holes.

You can use Margay wheels on the other hubs, choosing the correct set of holes, but only Margay wheels fit Margay hubs, since they are larger and made to fit tightly inside the wheel itself.

Someone can correct me if I got this mixed up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with identification of 1" rear wheel hub - by Terry Bentley - 05-08-2017, 08:05 PM