Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tillotson HL-88A
I need to rebuild the subject carb, can someone tell me what the correct rebuild kit part number is?

Thanks
You might try EC Distributing 

http://eccarburetors.com/estore/carburetors
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
(04-13-2017, 10:08 PM)Michael Jarosik Wrote: I need to rebuild the subject carb, can someone tell me what the correct rebuild kit part number is?

Thanks

Major generic kit is available for around $10. Either the RK-82HL, RK-88HL( not specific to the HL88 carb) or RK-92HL. The parts in these kits are basically the same. They will be upgrades to what the current carb has. The most common is the RK-88HL. It fits the most of the older model carbs. A lot of these carbs no longer have the actual major kits available. But the listed ones have needed parts for a major rebuild. They come with the newer captured viiton tip needle instead of nylon or steel needle with rubber seat. I have a few dozen of these kits coming from China for some older chainsaws with same or very similar carbs.

Diaphragm kits are same for most all of the HL carbs. Major kits are model specific. These early kits are no longer available, but the listed ones have needed parts to rebuild your carb.
Make sure the kit you purchase does have the long brass needle seat. The two length seats are either 13.5 or 16.5mm. You need the longer one. Dont go by just the pictures of kits. Ask first. Everything else is a non issue.

If you want a major kit specific to the HL-88, Discount Marine has a listing for it. The DI-23147 is what they have listed. It may run about $30, if still available.
Thank you very much for the info, it certainly helps.