Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mc 9 on ebay
Something dont look right in the pics about this Mc 9. I would love to add this block to my collection, but someone has done things that dont add up. What do you think? Mainly pics 3 and 7.

Mc9
I'm with you. Looks like someone cut the third port wall to feed a nine port, but I see no nine port in pic seven. Of course, I'm getting old, so I probably missed something. Did someone nine port it, then sleeve it afterward? TJ
The seller describes the McCulloch properly. Ports are stock, he also stated not understanding why the start of a 9-port modification was not completed. Opportunity to machine in your own specs into a 9-port modification on the intake ports on this engine.

If you are looking for a 'stock' Mc-9 block for your collection, this one would not pass. It has been partially modified as the two of you noted.

From my Mc-9 in 1964. My first championship win at Crescent Raceway, 3rd place overall (first podium). 

Want it to be understood that I wasn't casting dispersion upon the seller, nor was I trying to say that he was misrepresenting. Just that the block was "played with" and not understanding why the original builder hadn't finished his modification when he had a good start. TJ
the machining is very nice. wierd that wasn't finished. pity the flywheel side of crank was damaged. usable still but pretty roached. the price is decent if you were gonna build a nine port.
terry if you want a MINT block to build up a stock mc9 i have one we found installed in a mc250 saw.
everything in the running gear but the block and head was mc250. was a factory mistake i think.
Cool
Dave L.