Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello All
Hello new guy here 
I'm Greg from California and picked up two Mac 15 and have been chatting with Dave
About how to convert the to kart motors , I had a couple of karts way back when I was
In my late teens early 20s I'm retired now and have been restoreing vintage motorcycles
Old truck ect. Thought I'd give these motors a go. I'm going to need some parts and info. 
So thanks for site, info 

Greg
Greg, welcome aboard. This is a knowledgeable crowd, and very helpful. I'm a designer, and can help with any CAD work. There will be someone here who has converted a Mac 15 and will help you with yours. Ted
Hello Greg,

Ted statement is true. Folks knowledgable and helpful--just ask the question.

Also, at the top there is a search icon. You can do key word searches...

I used "McCulloch saws" in this search. I got several hits, but I think this response will get you started on the trail (and trials of tribulations) in converting saw motors to kart engines...
http://www.vintagekartforum.com/showthre...lloch+saws
Thank you ,
I'm in need of two stuffers , manifolds, and reeds I'm thinking , anybody reproducing these ? Or used the only
Way too go ?
Vince Hughes makes nice repop manifolds, and lots of other stuff. Great guy and worth our support.
http://www.californiavintagekarters.com/
Ted
Thanks Ted !
And then you'll need a kart to go with the macs, (or two). And so the adventure begins! You'll have fun, vintage karting is a blast, along with good people. Enjoy. APH.
I put an article of how I deal with the crankshaft in the McCulloch section.
Greg......since you are from the west coast you might want to come out to some Vintage Events to meet the guys racing
and making parts .

You'll find that's the best way to find what you might need, sure there's plenty of items kart related on the auction sites
but even the guys selling come to the events if they are true Vintage participants .

Terry Ives is a west coast racer with so much information and parts, but unless you come to an event you probably would not  ever find out about him or many others by searching online .

In fact many of the Vintage guy just don't visit these online forums or post .......so being new the only way is to come out
to an event and start asking questions.....it's pretty laid back .

Of course this Forum is also a good way to get answers, but we had to start over.....after our old Vintage Karts Forum
kicked the bucket on us .  We also lost the Mac Saw website so years of information is not so readily available.....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks Randy , that would be great , is their a place where and when I'd like to check that out

Greg