Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KALIFORNIA NYKE 1ST EDITION BUILD
My personal laptop is in for brain surgery, so I don't have access to pics at the moment.

This build story was covered in the last VKCA newsletter, but i thought I would put it all in here for reading and viewing pleasure, since the VKCA article was limited in space.

I do appreciate Randy posting pics from Adams.  That test run was done under a slight drizzle, so progress around the track was actually quite slow.  Note the extreme understeer.  I was lucky a couple of times to even get around the corner at all.

One thing I will probably do with the 2nd edition, is to lay the seat back back just a tad, lay the steering hoop forward a tad, and perhaps extend the front porch a little bit further.

This first edition is intended as a "loaner" for others to drive, so it doesn't have to fit me all that well.  The second edition is intended to be a serious runner, and I want it to fit me good.  Don't be holding your breath waiting for news on the second edition, though I do have all of the needed parts to put it together, including lots of Palmini gear.

I did just add a picture of the kart in the show at Adams.  Note "Duffy" helmet in the seat.  It now has Duff's autograph on it thanks to Lynn Haddock's kind assistance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA

Messages In This Thread
KALIFORNIA NYKE 1ST EDITION BUILD - by Jim Waltz - 04-08-2017, 01:26 PM
RE: KALIFORNIA NYKE 1ST EDITION BUILD - by Jim Waltz - 04-14-2017, 04:25 AM