Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
different type of margay wheel half
here is a picture of a margay wheel half. any idea who made it. was it made by margay. if not does anybody know who might have.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-07-2017, 09:01 AM)chuck giacobbe Wrote: here is a picture of a margay wheel half. any idea who made it. was it made by margay. if not does anybody know who might have.

Interesting, for sure.  You would't have to worry about the socket wall scratching up the wheel with that design.  Do you have a complete set or just the one, Chuck.?
Looks like a casting.  Is it?
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Very interesting, must be something Margay tried.....as I doubt anyone would produce wheel halves to fit the Margay centers only. As Jim suggests could be a casting Margay decided to try and didn't work out as well as the stamped rim ?

I'm sure Margay could answer this question .
Sadly margay probably can't answer that question though asking is free so why not ask.
what i'd need to know is if they are cast or stamped. they look cast to me.

if they are cast i'd suspect those are after-market as margay rarely changes proven success items.
i've seen and do have a few cast rims in the plain margay rim 1/2 style.

my best guess is they were early wider rims made for the new wave of sticky tires.

When the "fat" tires were first out margay didn't have a rim 1/2 for them .
in fact nobody did so spacer adapter were developed to widen the rims at first.
i KNOW margay was selling a wider inner hub i  have one.

So it's not unreasonable to suppose somebody made a mold and was casting wider margay rim 1/2's at the same time.
the ribs would be for extra material i suppose.
i actually LIKE that look and would buy a set like that were they available.
VERY COOL
Cool
Dave L.