Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who bought all the old K&P(Bug) stuff?
I would like to know where it all went.
My impression on what I recall... There was an announcement the operation was closing down (2014). After a period of time, I believe there was an auction. The information prior to the selloff should be on the internet somewhere.

http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=25648
there never was an auction. just a tag sale. and that still didn't eliminate the inventory.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-30-2017, 02:18 PM)chuck giacobbe Wrote: there never was an auction. just a tag sale. and that still didn't eliminate the inventory.

Nice memento! Thanks for the feedback. Do you know if they still take part orders (if available) by phone or internet?
the building is being rented out to a solar panel company. all kart parts are gone. there is some stuff in the museum but that is about it. and the museum will never be a museum because it is on the second floor of the bug building which is not wheelchair accessable.
Eric Nelson who owns Seventh gear dot com supposedly bought it and what is left of it is for sale there and on E-bay. I have heard second hand that some of the people involved in the transaction were unhappy with how it went down. I would suggest contacting John Woods or alternatively Joe Swantek for details. I will not do business with them.
(03-31-2017, 12:50 AM)Paul F Wrote: Eric Nelson who owns Seventh gear dot com supposedly bought it and what is left of it is for sale there and on E-bay.   I have heard second hand that some of the people involved in the transaction were unhappy with how it went down.  I would suggest contacting John Woods or alternatively Joe Swantek for details.  I will not do business with them.
Meaning not to do business with Seventh Gear? Correct?
when i first saw this post i thought who gives a f**k. it's irrelevant. the stuff has been sold. i got some of it and other people got some of it too. at the swap meet they were close to giving it away. and still couldn't get rid of everything. i have dealt with the swanteks and with john woods. i hold rick swantek and john woods in the highest regard. and i have dealt with eric (mr crg) on and off ebay and even though i have never met him i have never had an issues with him or the stuff he sells. so i'm kind of curious about paul f's statement. please clarify.
John Woods treated me well when I bought some Black Widow steering shaft bushings from him. TJ
What I heard was there was stuff stored in the building that was supposedly not part of the sale but was taken anyways. I saw John get very upset when the subject of the K&P sale was mentioned in a pit conversation last year. John said that he had a case of Bridgestones stored there and they were taken. I don't know any more details other than the affected parties were not able to come to agreement about the situation. I had bought stuff from Eric in the past and was treated fine though one item I bought from seventh gear was not as represented. Eric said that it was not him, that he paid someone else to take the pictures, box the items, etc. I did not ask him to return it as with some work on my part it was usable. Both John and Richard have been very helpful to me when I broke stuff at the track. John even went as far as to weld up some seat struts for me when mine broke at Adams this year. I mentioned Richard because he knows all the parties involved and I was just a bystander to the conversations.