Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Itemized List of Vintage Kart Parts Bill
Certainly one of the LOST posts from the old failed Vintage Kart Forum website. 

I believe there were three veteran kart builders contributing to the threads: Steve Miller, David Luciana and Gary Wlodarsky. I did some minor edits to the text and added my comments within (parenthesis) for clarification. Again, the only purpose is to provide a general idea and to provide a rough guideline--just assume it will be more!

It was from several recent Vintage Kart FB pages comments that I revisited my "Parts Bill" document; people asking the question for some idea of a parts bills to restore a vintage kart. I have previously collected some of the responses from either Facebook and the old Vintage Kart Forum from a few years ago. 

Be aware the material is dated. The K&P (Bug karts) operation has since closed down and sold off their inventory when the document's comments were made. Robron (Dart) is still in operation.

.pdf   Kart resto costs 2.pdf (Size: 53.41 KB / Downloads: 48)
Other points to consider…

“Patrick Dickman: I just "restored" a 2008 kart and though it's a little different since it's newer, the process and some costs are similar.

I don't see any allowances for painting or powder coating in your list.

I spent around $600 on powder coating alone. Just a basic bare frame runs around $200.

No allowances for any chroming either (assuming there is a few pieces of chrome on vintage karts usually).

I have roughly $300 in "smalls" and 6 different trips to my local Ace Hardware for nuts and bolts.

Total resto cost me in the $3000 neighborhood and we already owned the complete chassis and motor.

Scott Elkes: “Patrick Dickman, Those are certainly valid items and true reality to complete a total restoration.

As I mentioned these lists were generated years ago and to be fair, I believe these guys were answering a question on kart specific parts on a build which many people, like me, had no idea of costs. I'm going to share your comment with the other sites.”