Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Piece McCulloch Crank

Uggggggg
Ooops looks like one of those "strokers " that had a bit of bad luck.....and I thought you were going to
show us something new Sad ......@#$%^& happens !
That should buff right out...
Is that a NEW style crank ? Wow . I know you guys told me there was an easier way to get it out of the block , ha ha ha .
I thought New Castle was good at eating my engines but it looks like Barnesville doesn't do a bad job either!!

I even had this crank Magnefluxed before it went into the engine.

50 year old parts, guess you never know.
scott, i thought they came that way so you could ship them in a smaller flat rate box with a note and a tube of superglue. some assembly required. this one happened last year in new castle. makes a nice paperweight.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ouch Sad
Dave L.
Send the pieces to Sam Bennett.  He can fix!
Now all you need to do is make it into a 3 piece crank like the foreign motors.
Scott K., 

LOL! Two year old part for me.

Toledo Crescent Raceway's 1964 season had not started yet so a contingent of racers traveled over to Hasselbach Speedway (Fremont Raceway Park). I was excited to start my first full season of racing. I had my Mc-7 crank balanced and polished over the winter. Starting the engine to go out to the track it popped and and stopped. It would not turn over. Broken crank. Didn't even make it out the track that day.

A few days later back at Crescent, we found a chip from the crank put a groove in the cylinder.  James L. Vail honed the cylinder and we had to go 0.020" over, thus would not be legal for IKF, local racing permitted 0.030".