Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to take off a mcculloch flywheel
I just had one that was on so tight it just pulled the threads out of the flywheel I made a puller that I could bolt to the flywheel. I bottom taped the 1/4 X 20 in the flywheel so I could use the longest 1/4 bolts used a 1/2 fine bolt as the pusher got it nice and tight and gave it a good rap with a good size hammer and out came the 1/4 bolts out of the flywheel. next was to drill the flywheel so I could get the to the bolts that hold the side cover on got them out so I could get the crank out of the block. I got the crank side cover and flywheel out of the block next was to use a hacksaw to cut the side cover up small enough so I could support the flywheel next was to machine up a ring to fit the flywheel I have some steel tube about 5" in diameter 1/4 wall about 7"long with the ring and the tube the crank had about 1" clearance next was 3 Lbs hammer and a hunk of 1" steel as a punch one good rap and it came apart with a good bang. saved the block and crank flywheel and side cover junk ken

Messages In This Thread
RE: how to take off a mcculloch flywheel - by ken northside - 03-23-2017, 10:13 PM