Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kart Ads of the Past, Present and In-Between!
I remembered as a kid, thinking many of you as well, waiting for the NEXT issue of "Karting World" magazine! The first pass was devoted to checking out the ads to see what was new or has been updated. For the next generation of racers that would be "World Karting" magazines for the WKA members; I believe "Karter News" for the IKF Members. 

Last year Bob Cole a vintage enduro road racer gave me a variety of some of the modern karting magazines--the first thing I did? Yep, the first pass was to check out the ads. Certainly noticed the changes from the days of Karting World.

A couple of months ago, I acquired some early of the early issues of "World Karting." When looking through these issues, I was able to see again, the marked differences between the publications. They are too numerous to mention--It is better, and more exciting for you, to draw your conclusions. 

I'm placing a mixed bag here. I do not have "Karter News" at this time for those who may ask thus unable to include. Here goes the comparisons:

Karting World:
- 1965 IKF Sprint Nationals (and related ads) 

.pdf   Karting World - 1965 IKF Nationals.pdf (Size: 16.68 MB / Downloads: 15)

- 1965 Willow Springs 500 (and related ads) 

.pdf   Karting World -1965 Willow Springs 500.pdf (Size: 8.78 MB / Downloads: 9)

World Karting:

.pdf   World Karting19730102 Ads.pdf (Size: 18.23 MB / Downloads: 6)

WARNING! - Modern karts shown.  Smile 
Kart Sport (Modern karts, Premier Issue (#1, Feb 2003); ads and their only tech article?)

.pdf   KartSport 2003 Feb Issue 1 ADS.pdf (Size: 8.65 MB / Downloads: 4)

GoRacingMagazine, The World of Karting (Jun 2015)...
I put this together for young shifter racer friend who sold out (young family) as a memory for him. Shows a full circle for me. I raced a Russell modified Mc8 and Mc9 in 1965 and now having a Russell prepared 2012 Parolin/Honda Moto Shifter.  

.pdf   GoRacingMag_Parolin_Russell.pdf (Size: 8.78 MB / Downloads: 4)