Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copperhead manifold
Has anyone got decent closeup photos of the Copperhead intake manifold and the reed cage? I'd like to look at both top side and bottom side of the reed cage if possible. Thank you. Ted
Seems the Saw Guys that build these all out Power Bee's  have removed their images so I guess they don't want to show their tricks ?

But here's Mc-Bob in an old photo showing his Bender saw......I'm sure someone has a manifold and reed cage , but
pictures are hard to find Sad .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I did find one pic on line, but it is just the outside of the engine. I want top AND bottom of the cage. I've been buggin' heck out of Dave B. the last few days, and I guess I'll just have to bother the poor busy man once more! Ted
Ted......I thought Dave was the supplier of the Copperhead West Bends.......where else would you find this info ?

US Motors.....have images of the parts they sell, but that's just the standard eight horse power parts.

http://www.usmotorpower.com/parts/assembilies

Yeah, I called Dave and he straightened me out. I can't do what I wanted to do. TJ
I'm at the point that you buy two new "kart" US Motors.....bolt them on and go .......if your chassis works and you tune the carbs, decent tires.......you're good to go, it's not like if you win you go home with prize money !

If I have fun, the kart gets around the track without something going "Kaboom" it's a good weekend.......I hope they put
heavy duty fasteners in these new WB "kart" engines ?

By the way......did you know the Chinese have been watching this forum......maybe they will come out with some
Kaboomers .......$99 - 20% off two smokes......spec engines Big Grin .
I'm trying (with little success) to get my head wrapped around the idea of Teddy Johnson being "straightened out".........
Jim Waltz, West Sacramento, CA
Thanks, Jimmy-I appreciate the vote of confidence! Just got back from seeing Doc. he says blood numbers look good, but they are still going to cut on me.
Had to buy a new battery for the starter, Old one just won't hold a charge. I'm hoping to go to Tucson Monday and Tuesday for Larry Brown's biannual event. Wish you could come. That goes for Paul Bennett and Terry, too. Ted
(03-22-2017, 12:22 PM)ted johnson Wrote: Thanks, Jimmy-I appreciate the vote of confidence! Just got back from seeing Doc. he says blood numbers look good, but they are still going to cut on me.
Had to buy a new battery for the starter, Old one just won't hold a charge. I'm hoping to go to Tucson Monday and Tuesday for Larry Brown's biannual event. Wish you could come. That goes for Paul Bennett and Terry, too. Ted

ted, sorry but between going to barnesville and having to catch up with work when i got back i missed your post. but here is a picture of some of dave's amazing work. i will send more detailed pictures to your email address. always a pleasure to hear from you. thanks for the call. you know you are always one of the guys i'll help when i can. waltz is on his own. have fun at tucson.

this picture gallery is way better than the other site

Thank you, Chuck. Between these pix and the ones you emailed, I have lots more info now. I'd still like to have a shot at making one of these work for me. If anyone has the manifold and reed cage to sell, let's talk. Ted