Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrrrghhhhh curses steve miller another tree fell down!!!!
RECENTLY,
 my buddy steve miller made some comments about trees and how many i  "seemingly" get to deal with lately.
well it is true i've had bad luck tree wise but as my mom lives in a town called woodbridge and ct is generally 3rd growth woods well you get the idea.
Milford, where i actually live now is about the same as woodbridge tree wise but being a coastal town gets a heck of a lot more wind.
anyway heres the result

it seems blizzard wind (not so much for the snow this time) + weak tree = another tree job AGAIN this year.
i still have to finish up the broken hemlock at my moms house that snapped in half this winter too.
this was the last tree off a group of four that used to be there.
 the huge oak (120' tall /4'+ at trunk) another hemlock , and a smaller oak left with the last hurricane a couple three years ago. I'd just finished cleaning up the last tipped stump and destroyed stone wall last spring and reseeded the lawn around that mess.
the biggest issue as usual is theres no machine access .
so i'll be wrecking chainsaw blades and digging dirt away by hand from roots so i can cut it up again this year.

to add insult to injury my new vegetable garden is underneath said tree right now.
thankfully the neighbor i don't deal with in any way had his garage spared so i don't need to listen to his crabbing this time.
Dave L.
Good luck, Dave! I lived in Middlebury while I was working in Naugatuck for Peter Paul candies. Anybody that thinks Connecticut is so crowded with people that there's no room left for the woods, has not been to CT! It is actually beautiful country. I'm a Connecticuter by conception. Mom and Pop were in New London, working for Electric Boat when Mom got Pregnant with me. She said that no son of hers was going to be born a Yankee, so she got on the train and hauled down to Florida so I could be a Southerner. When I worked at Peter Paul, I felt right at home up there! Ted
Ted,
small world we live in sometimes.
my moms a souterner but didn't worry on me being a yankee.
also, i've been mulling putting in an application at E.B. as they are hiring new blood as the "old guys" retire.
probably not though i have a inside contact or two at Pratt and they are also hiring bigly right now. i think i'd rather work there than new london as it's about 25 minutes closer to where i live!!!
Dave L.
We got just a coating to an inch in Pa today from this storm  Smile
[Image: 051_zpshcgrxamh.jpg]
Nuttin new ...around here we call it frozen sunshine

craigslist ad for rupp in above pic ..

nice orig go kart no rust always stored inside never seen snow ..3500.00